Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs B’s E12 Note, like other cars, complies with the law to have DRLs, but they are only required at the front. On my Volvo, however, the tail lights (OE LEDs) also come on with the DRLs, (actually dipped beam) which I think is much better, particularly when many drivers, Mrs B included, rely on the auto lights function, which doesn’t always switch the lights on in poor visibility.

I would like therefore, somehow, to extend the Note’s DRLs to include the tail lights. Has anyone done this, if so, what’s the best way? I’m afraid my method, a bit Heath Robinson maybe, would be simply to tap a wire into the DRL supply at the front and the tail lights at the rear.

But as the DRLs on the Note are also the front fogs, and there is the electrickery in cars nowadays, this may not work.

And yes, it would seem to be a lot simpler just to change Mrs B’s habits of a lifetime. But dream on........

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
I wouldn't bother. Just turn the sidelights on. Simple enough.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suppose you’re right, and I’ve just realised I’ve asked this before, but it still bugs me.....

put it down to old age

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I found out that on Audis, Vws, BMWs etc. that are really popular with tinkerers, you can get software to mess with the settings in the various ecus and put the tail lights on all the time the ignition is on, as well as exciting things like making the dials do a sweep to max and back to zero when you switch on.

I would imagine that the same things can be done on a Note, but I don't think anyone here is interested enough or has the software to do it.
The place to look would be that Russian forum

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found out that on Audis, Vws, BMWs etc. that are really popular with tinkerers, you can get software to mess with the settings in the various ecus and put the tail lights on all the time the ignition is on, as well as exciting things like making the dials do a sweep to max and back to zero when you switch on.

I would imagine that the same things can be done on a Note, but I don't think anyone here is interested enough or has the software to do it.
The place to look would be that Russian forum
I think the dials do a sweep on the Note, at least on the cvt auto version.....

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mrs B’s E12 Note, like other cars, complies with the law to have DRLs, but they are only required at the front. On my Volvo, however, the tail lights (OE LEDs) also come on with the DRLs, (actually dipped beam) which I think is much better, particularly when many drivers, Mrs B included, rely on the auto lights function, which doesn’t always switch the lights on in poor visibility.

I would like therefore, somehow, to extend the Note’s DRLs to include the tail lights. Has anyone done this, if so, what’s the best way? I’m afraid my method, a bit Heath Robinson maybe, would be simply to tap a wire into the DRL supply at the front and the tail lights at the rear.

But as the DRLs on the Note are also the front fogs, and there is the electrickery in cars nowadays, this may not work.

And yes, it would seem to be a lot simpler just to change Mrs B’s habits of a lifetime. But dream on........
Although the DRL bulbs are in the same cluster on the E12, they are seperate to the fog bulbs.
DRL bulbs are 19 watts
Fogs are 55 watts.
The DRL's fit at the top and the fogs at the bottom.
Have a good stare through the lens and you'll see both of the stinkers. The DRL's are high up so don't be fooled..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts