1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gadget Audio equipment Font Output device Flat panel display
Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Entertainment Technology Gas

Hi everyone.
I bought a Nissan Note 2013(/14?), VIN E12-072221, with no documentation since it was a Japanese import.
The radio is a Clarion MC312D-W.
FM/AM works, Bluetooth works, SD card with music works. The rear camera does not come on when shifting to "R", it's automatic. I downloaded a file from a link supplied by someone from Pakistan.
Will the camera only work with a satnav card installed? Where can I can such a card? It seems as if this car, and the radio, have fallen from space since there is very little to no info available. Visiting my local Nissan dealer will not help either.
Also, the rearview mirror has an electric connection, but there are no buttons on the mirror itself. What would this be for?
Thanks for any info.
Knut

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
If you google mc312d-w sd card, there are loads of sites offering them. I wouldn't risk ordering one but you never know, they might be cheap enough.

There is likely a menu setting to enable the reverse camera, is the unit set for English menus?

If not

Have a play around the setup menus.

If the menus are Japanese and won't change to English

Here is a similar unit but in Japanese, you'll have to pause and use one of the translation apps, or just pause and look for the same characters on your screen

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
No idea about the latitude & longitude, it thinks it is in Osaka (Probably that is where it was exported from, and it was last driven with the map card in to the port). Is there a satellite/gps menu somewhere that tells you how many satellites it can see, if it has a lock, and what the GPS co-ordinates are?
Why can you change them anyway? It might be an option to set a home location, but the GPS is supposed to update them surely?
I do recall reading somewhere that the clock timezone is fixed to Tokyo, a JDM vehicle doesn't need to alter it- all of the Home Islands are in the same time zone, maybe there is a similar limit on home location, it could be set for just the Northern Hemisphere- from your flag you are in Namibia?.

My Bosch unit doesn't bother to see any satellites occasionally, and it stays on the last fix location.

The second screen suggests the camera is broken/not connected. Try it on auto and then manual, do you get a black screen appear in reverse, or nothing happen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When selecting R the screen does not change at all. Auto and Manual same results. It would be hard to imagine that the camera is not connected, since it's a nice feature, even for Japanese people.
Can't see what the reverse camera has got to do with any satellites, though.
I'm in Namibia, yes.
Font Gadget Display device Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The zero satellites explains why the position hasn't updated from Osaka, looks like a small carpark near the docks, perhaps someone took the SD card whilst it was parked. (search 34° 40.150'N 135° 30.467E in Google Earth

Maybe the SD card is needed for the system to boot and start working.

I've no idea about whether it would affect the reverse camera though.

You have checked that there is one? you should be able to see the lens, usually by the licence plate light.

We don't get the Clarion unit here, only the Bosch.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That is a camera, but I've no idea why it won't work. Is there a JDM Note forum you can ask if it needs the SD card to enable the camera? you will have to translate everything with google or similar if you can't write in Japanese.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts