Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When any of the rear light bulbs go, dont go to your dealer to get them replaced, go to your nearest motorist discount shop and purchase the bulbs, go home and using a 10mm socket undo the two bolts securing the rear cluster in (down the side of the rubber in the black plastic part of light) remove bolts completely, the go to the top of the light unit and the is a black plastic cover on the inside near the open tailgate, remove this ( it enables easier movement of cluster).
Push the reflector( the one on the roof) back toward you which should release it from the whole cluster and the roof.

Push gently downward on the lighting cluster and whilst you are doing this pull the clster back toward you , if you dont push floor ward it wont release from its pins.

Once you've done this make sure youre holding on to the cluster so it doesnt damage.

Find the appropiate bulb out replace. fit the bulb holder back in the cluster unit, Replace the reflector first on the roof, you'll see how it attaches if its up turned, then replace the cluster gently by marrying up to the reflector on the roof and pushing it home in to the holes for the pins, hey prestor fixed, in at most half an hour and costing only the price of the bulbs, as apposed to the dealer price of anything from £20 upwards. mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0&0&0">
Hi
are you know how to replace High mounted stop light
Thanks

Edited by: HDMD

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
open the boot up the top the are 2 black caps remove these, Behind the covers are 2 nuts undo these
you should be able to pull the light out but some times the seal holds the light if that happens you need to push the the studs (what you removed the nuts from) a push with a bar

twist the bulb holder out and replace the bulb

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks so much
, I really think I haw to go to dealer with that.
Are you maybe know my I don't have clock displayed on dashboard (not connect) that one with temp, miles and service info, on top should by a clock, on my note is just empty space, don know why. Any ideas.
Thanks again for High stop light bulb replacement info
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0&0&0">

·
Registered
245 Posts
I should point out that last week I had my REAR parking sensors fitted, which involved removal of the rear light (left side) saw how it was done
Also allowed me to get all the crap, dirt, etc that collected under the light

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all Well if any of you out there want the parking sensors fitted to your Note, i can do they including the colour of your specific car, all wired up for about £100, this includes paint nd sensors, nomally 4 of.
Im sure that is a little cheaper than the average dealer, credentails I hea you ask for, well the last set i fitted were to my father's Motability car, the loal dealer even asked where this pro job was done!!
thanks Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
greenplane said:
Hi all
Well if any of you out there want the parking sensors fitted to your Note, i can do they including the colour of your specific car, all wired up for about £100, this includes paint nd sensors, nomally 4 of.

Im sure that is a little cheaper than the average dealer, credentails I hea you ask for, well the last set i fitted were to my father's Motability car, the loal dealer even asked where this pro job was done!!

thanks Mike

That is a great price, Nissan croydon want £279
supply and fit, Bloody STEALERS!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
here's some pics I did mine. They are REALLY tight if they haven't been off before. A forum regular might like to copy these pics for future use in case they disappear. You can see how dry it all gets which is why it's so hard to disassemble. I washed mine and used grease to help it come apart easier next time. The main problem is actually the connector between the roof reflecter and the rear cluster (trying to seperate them).

Anyway

roof reflector clips

cluster:

one of the two ball-stud type clips on each cluster (and the white plastic clip it goes into on the body of the car). The passenger side are yellow, the drivers side are white.

washed:

How the cluster clips to the roof reflector:

Grease it all when putting back together:

Edited by: coolhands

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there
I would be careful with them greased as i have seen plastic items after greasing to dislodge and vanishMike

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
your Ok with plastic grease but not mineral greases or lithium greases, I think Vaseline is Ok with most plastics. Most engineering greases degrade plastics into a brittle mess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys for info I used this the other day to replace my bulb. £1.59 for a couple of bulbs job done. Trickiest bit is getting it all to come apart. Patience prevailed in the end. Bit of a long shot but I have smashed front fog light from stone that I need to replace any ideas on how to get the old one out ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there
Well you have two choices maybe three, ask your lovley garage, be charged through the nose for a relatively easy job that the average DIYer can do!!Two have a very long flexible arm with lights and a camera
Three the sensible option, turn the front wheels on full lock which ever is the opposite to where your fog light position is, to enable you to gain the max access, remover the stone guard/inner wheel arch guard, then you should be able to access the fog light assembly from there. you could lie on your back underneath your car, get crap in your eyes as your removing the stone guard, bu i advise just removing the wheel arch guard, less hassl and no un ness trips to A & E on a bank Holiday.
One last thing I my experience, DONT do it over the Easter Weekend, because its always my luck something happens, and it doesnt look good to wife or other half when you say you cant go anywhere cos the cars in bits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big thankyou to coolhands for the photo's and the rest of you for your instructions... took all of 20 mins... had trouble with the roof reflector till I took the 10mm socket with the extension bar in place, laid it in the roof trough agaianst the front of the reflector and gave it a firm, sharp pat with heel of my hand whist leaning my chest against the cluster to prevent it falling out. This was enough to allow the top clips to disconnect and I just wiggled the light pod free. Two mins to change the bulb, test and then five mins to clean and re-assemble... job done... Thanks again guys, would of been a nightmare...

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone tried removing the rear light panel and failed this video is a godsend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOxRWksVFLw

My brake light failed and I had been told it was 'difficult' to remove unless you know what you are doing (true of most things in life?) so as the lastbulb changecoincided with a service I didn't need to find out myself.

This time - remembering what I'd been told I phoned my Nissan garage, they were fully booked up, but said it was 'possible' to do it yourself as long as you are extremely careful. Told me to undo the two bolts under the tailgate hinge and 'easethe rear unitout gently'. They didn't tell me about the shoulder clip or how to ease the two parts of the rear panel apart. So I struggled and gave up.

I then discovered this video.

This video is a very simply made but straight forward set of instructions. The whole operation took me less than five minutes, and I won'tneed touse the garage again for such simple maintenance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hi just to bump this back up - I had to replace another stop / tail lamp (21 / 5 watt by the way) and where I had greased it before (see previous pics) it was superb! - came apart easily so was literally a 5min job with no hassle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
and bump again! The bulb I replaced april 2012 has gone again. Not lasting very well, eh' 18 months. It was a genuine Lucas too
I've replaced with a halfords bulb this time just cos I had one handy. Anyway, the grease from last time made it a 4 min job

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Well done Coolhands, great video
. Will help out a lot of people who have any doubts

1 - 20 of 41 Posts