Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem a daft question, but how do I (just) turn the ignition on? My OBD reader needs ignition on, but engine not running. Car is a 2016 1.2 DiG-S with keyless start.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't know if its the same (our 1.2 DIG-S Acenta premium had a key) but on our keyless Skodas all you need to do is press the start button with the drivers door open. Everything lights up but the engine no starty.

As usual its not in the manual, found it by accident.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
74 Posts
On my dig-s manual, the first press on ignition button, without pressing any pedal, will go to Acc mode (12v outlet, head unit,...).
The second press on button, again without pressing any pedal, will go to ignition ON mode.

It only cranks if I press a pedal at the same time.
All are written in the manual book.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks- the times I’ve suggested that folks should RTFM, and now I’m guilty of not doing so myself.

memo to self: desk research before field research....

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
74 Posts
Just in case that you are using a non-LCD reader, and in the same route that I had to try a dozen of apps. The only no-nonsense app I found is CarScanner:

For setting the connection profile, while there is no specific Nissan Note profile, I see that Micra K13 profile is good enough to collect a great amount of data & sensors.
The free version is good enough, but I paid for Pro version to get all graphs at the same time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Used the same combination. Will do. But will not provide much usable data. 5 pounds for an elm327 dongle Bluetooth from Amazon is enough. Car scanner is the easiest to manage and to log.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts