Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a quiet butincessantrattle from around the radio area all the time, driving me to distraction. any ideas what it could be. goes away when i press against the radio surround . I dont keep anything in the glovebox or the top flappy compartment so its certainly something from within the dash. Anyone else had this sort of thing? I think that dashboards are now made up out of the car and the just slotted in so probably a nightmare to trace. Any help would be great.

Many thanks
ollymu

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you flip out the floor of the flappy compartment, there are two screws.
Under the front edge of the radio surround there is a thin panel that clips out to remove 2 more.

Undo these 4 and the whole panel pulls out towards you with the radio still bolted to it. The wires are long enough to pull it right out without disconnecting the radio (if you don't have the code)

You might find that the radio frame has come loose, or there is something loose behind there.

When you put it back you can wiggle it, or adjust the fit with bits of foam tape or something to stop it rattling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also had this problem. Took car to main dealer as it was still under waranty, they would not fix it as trim is not coverd by the waranty! Fixed it by spraying silicon grease under the dash and through the holes iwo the lid to the USB socket. Hope this is some help to you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
if you do take it out, use some of those sticky felt pads on the radio body so that when you put it back, its a better fit when you put it back

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too have the rattle in my four month old Note!

I've taken the four screws out of the stereo surround and it'll tilt upwards from the bottom but I can't get the top part (near the USB and the lid) to budge towards me. There's nothing to hold onto to give it a good tug. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just tilt it upwards as you are doing (mind the stalk on the steering column), then with the cubby lid closed I found I could just hook my fingertips over the back and pull the whole lot forwards.You do have to be careful not to have it all crash into the stalk!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
undo the 4 screws pull the at the bottom at the front and tug the top with a wiggle

Please try not to dig up older threads please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts