Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting rainwater coming into the boot of my 9 month old Note. It is coming in at the rear corner on the passenger side after a rain shower. If the rain is heavy overnight, it is enough to put about two pints of water into the spare wheel well. Have booked it into dealers for next week. Any thoughts as to how the water might be entering?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If its only 9 month old Id take the car in to the dealer and let them sort it. For my car... it was the seal around the hi-level brake light, the seal hadnt gone/deteriorated but somehow it was letting in water. I removed the brake light assy and ran a bead of silicone sealer around it and set it back into position.. problem solved (although after last nights monsoon Im tempted to treble check) :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
a few weeks ago i had to change the brake light bulb, until then my car was watertight, now each time it rains the parcel shelf ends up with a wet patch, i need to re-seal around the brake light.

from the sound of it this will not be your problem as the quantity of water seems too great to be the brake light seal, it could be the seal around the wiring harness that is not sound,

as already said, take it back as its under warranty

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have now fixed my issue with the rain water coming in. I was also gettingrainwater coming into the boot from the rear corner on the passenger side after a heavy rain.

My boot was wet again last week.

After removing the rear light i could see that the water was getting in under the white clips that hold the reflector on the roof of the car,boomerang part of the rear lights.
Sealed and after the heavy rain at the weekend - all dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for your replies. Dealer fixed the problem at the second attempt. They applied sealant at every possible entry point on that side of the car ! I have checked the boot and spare wheel well several times since - especially after torrential rain and driving in the wet and it has remained dry. Long may it continue to be so!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts