Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I have the 6cd changer from the Nissan note 56 plate, am wondering if anyone knows the wattage that this puts out??

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
25w 12-13W rms, rms being the real wattage
oem speakers are rated to 40w 18Wrms @ 4 Ohm

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :). Would I be able to fit 20 watt speakers to it, or would it blow the speakers? they are quite old which is why there are only 20 watt, but I don't wanna go out and by New stuff if I don't have to.

actually never mind, if 40s are in there now, there is no point xD didn't think that one throughEdited by: Aidsy1

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the front doors use a 2 way system a tweeter in the mirror cover and a mid in the door you will also need speaker adapters too
have a look in the how to section

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know what size the speakers are? I haven't taken the door apart yet (and can't as am on holiday) but when I can I'll measure them, but if someone knows the size of the speakers in the front and rear doors, it would be appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
6.5" or anything upto 17cm, you also need the k12 speaker adapters to fit them,
i have a set of rainbow slx 265 deluxes to go in mine when i get around to it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just had a look for some adapters, and your post about taking the speakers out came up. Could I just do as you said and splice into the cable or crimp the correct fitting onto the end of the wires?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about making my own adapter out of mdf? Or do you think that would make the sound quality awful?

·
Registered
311 Posts
MDF is what the Pro's use in the Bass boxers and custom fits so shouldnt prove a problem, just be careful with the jigsaw when cutting them!!!!!!!. otherwise you'll need custome fit fingers too

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can make them out of mdf 2 18mm rings glued together, make sure theres enough clearancefor the door card tho if you have the time,tools and skills to make them
i did the whole big stereo thing in my corsa with mdf boxes loads of dynamat,second skinect and sludge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts