Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm just wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I am having with my radio. It won't come on at all and that includes the satnav etc. I went away for a week and then came back to find my battery was flat. It is less than 3 years old and only done 10,000 miles and dealership said it could be a fuse but may have to go away!!! Has anybody had this problem and can assist cause I don't fancy having a big bill from the garage. As I have only had one service they are saying the warranty is invalid - any ideas please - Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What might have happened is when the battery went flat, something developed an error and just wants restarting.
If you have the code for the radio, was on a passcard when you had the car, you could try disconnecting the battery earth lead, crossing your fingers and counting to ten, then reconnecting it.
However, with all the dodgy computery gizmos in a modern car, this is a very very very last resort, as it usually breaks something else, and you have to reset the windows etc.

Otherwise the fuses live at the bottom of the drivers dash, and in a box behind the nearside headlight. There will be some indistinct writing on the lid of the box that might just tell you which is the radio fuse. Pulling it out to check and replacing it may reset the radio.

You could even try removing the radio console and unplugging the radio, then plugging it back in I suppose.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Make sure the keys are in your pocket whenever you mess with fuses or the battery, cars have a nasty habit of locking themselves when the power is restored.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have you tried pushing and holding down the volume knob ???
does the stereo come at all ??

as above take the battery off for 20 mins

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
worst ways you can always get a used connect system from ebay, a new connect system from nissan runs into £3K if you send it for repair it maybe £300+ quid
if you dont have it serviced yearly by a main dealer will invalidate your warrenty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts