Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird problem. Listening on am radio on 1458 - 1413 khz I get a strange whistle caused by steering movement. Looks like it is caused by the electric power steering system. Any ideas how to cure it?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is a clip on ferrite ring / core And clip that on to the aerial lead as close to the stereo as possible

tbh im not sure what size the cable is

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
+1 for that or you could try an inline aerial filter (but they are expensive in the UK). Ferrite rings are quite cheap.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
you could clip a ferrite around the steering motor cables to dampen the spikes from the motor

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
or do both the as the steering motor pulls a fair bit of current

it maybe worth getting your battery tested (or get a multi meter on it)and see what sort of voltages you have with the engine off and runningEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, once I find out how to get the stereo out. I will try the feritte ring. BTW the local Nissan dealer said that he has seen this problem before and it varies on individual cars. Some do not suffer at all. Apparently its pot luck! Will let you know the outcome.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have a look in the how to's forum there are a few guides you may find useful

clamp on ferrite rings can be bought off ebay cheaplyEdited by: flash22

1 - 9 of 9 Posts