Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just bought a 2009 Note. I can't figure out what causes the radio sound to cut for a second or two every few minutes.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a loose wire behind the stereo, someone tried to nick you aerial ?
does it do it on all radio stations, try radio one as its one of the strongest radiosignals 98.8 in the south

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

I don't think someone tried to nick the aerial. And yes it happens on all stations.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
What Flash is suggesting is

Check the aerial isn't damaged, and is tightly screwed into its socket.
Flip out the plastic finisher under the centre dash and undo the 2 screws.
Open the top cubby box, and either remove the 2 rubber plugs, or take out the rubber mat, to reveal 2 more screws, undo them.
The whole centre console with radio will now carefully pull outwards.
Don't remove any plugs, (If the power is removed, you need a security code to get the radio back on) just make sure that they are all fully pushed in, and no signs of wires broken or chafing anywhere.
Replace console and screws.

If it still does it, the radio might be what we technical guys refer to politely as "Broken"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Note from new as well and have the same problem with the radio and recentlyit it kept on interupting the radio with a message of "reading CD" followed be "CD not Found", it all happened while i was listening to radio...I dont beleive this is a conection problem but less tecnical as just having a crap radio system.
I have thought replacing the radio ut am affraidthat astandard market radio will disable the steering wheel buttons....
Anybody else had this problem and found a solutionfor it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts