Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Alli have a 59 plate nissan note tekna and for some reason i got in the car and radio starts asking for pin code. i looked all over and one garage wanted 45 quid to take radio out, get serial number and then generate the code. total rip off.
so i called Nissan customer services onPhone:0330 123 1231or you can email atEmail:[email protected]

they simply asked to lock the radio (put wrong code in 3 times) and take a pic of the info that appears. a copy of my drivers license and details, as well as proof of ownership of the car (i used insurance document as has my details on and the car reg details) and a contact number.
a nice service desk person called me, gave me the code and hey presto all working fine :)

so Dont pay to get the unlock code for your radio, this works 95% of the time, and they generate a new code for you

how it helps
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, but they charge you for it. I contacted the Nissan on the link above and they will give me the code for free. Just waiting for my reg doc to arrive so that I can get the code.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did as asked regarding proof of ownership, driving licence, and pic of the head unit with 'locked' message.Within a couple of days I got an email saying I needed to ring a number to get the code. All for free! And it worked! Great result. However, I prefer my TomTom sat nav, except it is constantly losing the signal. And the Connect system doesn't show your road speed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've very recently used this and after several emails photos of I'd car ownership and the head unit I got my code!! Happy days

·
Registered
1 Posts
We tried this route, Nissan replied with pictures of only two radios that they would supply the code for. They say if my radio is not one of these two, (which it isn't) that we would have to go through our nearest Nissan dealership. :(
We rang them and they want £52 to help.

Nissan part number is: 28185 9U10A
The Model number is: PN-3001P
Serial number: PN3001PA 0038005

Could anyone help in supplying code?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Ring round a few dealers, some will do it for much less.

The codes actually cost them €0.20 from the Nissan database (it's a very nice little earner for them).

·
Registered
1 Posts
We tried this route, Nissan replied with pictures of only two radios that they would supply the code for. They say if my radio is not one of these two, (which it isn't) that we would have to go through our nearest Nissan dealership. :(

Hi have you had any luck yet ? i have emailed Nissan and received the email showing a picture of 2 radio's which mine isn't one of them i believe mine in blanpunkt radio in my nissan note 2007 can anyone help ??

·
Registered
3 Posts

eBay? I'm sure this £5 codes will be refundable if wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts