Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Your thought please, Owned my 56 reg note for approx 4 months now. Do the usual weekly checks and also check tyre pressure at least once a month.
Thought today I would have a test of the ""shopping trolley""� spare- recommended pressure of 60psi.
My set up re tyres is I have a ""Argos £4.99 special""� single barrel foot pump with pressure gauge normally out by +/- 2/3 psi which I use to pump up to approx 2psi over pressure and then check with my separate gauge letting any excess pressure out.
The spare showed a pressure of 45psi (most probably not be checked since car new!)
Hooked up the foot pump and away I went, when the foot pump gaugeshowed 62psi I checked with my separate gauge-only showed 55psi.
Decided to make use of Sainsbury's free air/gauge, one of those where you enter required psi and pump away (oh err missus) until alarm lets you know pressure correct. Set for 60psi ""“gauge when first connected showed 55psi pumped a bit of air in, I saw the psi going up on the digital readout, and alarm sounded at 60psiI checked using my hand gauge ""“still only showed 55psi!
Now the question is- what gauge is correct-any thoughts/comments most welcome
All the best Spartacus1961

ps -is the tyre psi any relation to gangnam style psy?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, the short answer is, no gauge is correct until calibrated against known values. As the space saver is small in volume, any gas that is let out when disconnecting and reconnecting a gauge can be enough losses to reduce the pressure inside the tyre from 60 to 55psi.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
NO more K-pop please
strange one i have a michelin air compressor with a nice little digitalpressure gauge that unclips in the center athats inline with the foot pump gauge an the one in the BP garage up the road

if you gauge is a old chrome slide pressure gauge it may want a bit of dry lube on it as thay can get a bit gunked up

·
Registered
238 Posts
Guy who lives down my street works for a company that services garage equipment, few years ago, for a laugh got him to check my ' PCL pencil tyre gauge' with his test equipment that he carries in his van.We were both quite shocked to find that it was 100% accurate that he had to repeat the test just to make sure. Best fiver I've ever spent on a tool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts