Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

I'm joining the ranks of the early retired soon so the lease car (1.6D Fusion) will go back and I've been looking for some cheap and cheerful motoring. Browsed most of the manufacturer's sites and the Note seems to fit my bill. Looking for something cheap to run - I begrudge paying Osbourne £3 a week just to park it on the road
- and want something for running around (Friday big shop), Sunday drives and a dozen or so motorway hauls per year. I'm not interested in 'performance', got two wheels for that so I'd thought I'd spend some of the retirement pot on one with all the whistles and bells as it will need to last me for a while.

Found your excellent site and as usual a unique-to-model site comes up with the 'They all do that Sir' info.

So far I've got tyre wear - seems a bit high on Contis at least, worse than my bike.

Rear hatch wiring - does this just need reinforcing with some spiral wrap before it fails?

Diesel filter - a once a year Saturday morning job to keep it clean? I'm ok with the spanners as long as there's not too much bending involved, I struggle to get up again these days

For comparison I can easily get 60+mpg out of the Fusion so I'm obviously not a sporty driver. Front Hankooks did about 20k and front pads were changed at 32k.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and anything major I may have missed. I've got my eye on a couple of 'delivery miles' ones nearby around the £10k mark

Cheers

Roy

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Roy my wife has a 57 plate 1.6 Tekna petrol automatic. Its got everything but its not great on fuel, I've done an 80 mile round trip today with pushchair in boot, 9 year old and 5 year old passengers along with my wife and 11 month old and the car has nudged just over 38 mpg.Saying that the car has a good turn of speed when pressed with 110 bhp & is relaxed on the motorway. The auto gearbox is well matched to the 1.6 and changes gear smoothly. My wife only has a licence for autos or we would have the 1.5 diesel for the big mpg.
Road tax on the 1.6 is just under £200 pa so pricey, the car is super reliable and would recommend.
For 10k you will have a great choice, ours cost £5000 in February 2011 with 28500 miles on, ex mobility with FSH & one owner.
Good luck in your search and this forum is brilliant for any questions you may have.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
If you want 60mpg, then it's the diesel Note. There's about 2-3 seconds difference, in the 0-60 figures in the petrol/diesel Note range. Top speed is irrelevant, if driving in the UK. The diesel will do near the ton.As for the boot wiring.......depends how may times you open it.
.......no car is perfect.

Tyres are subjective on your driving style......but as always, it's a suck it and see. I use BFGoodrich, with great results.
I don't have satnav, that was my choice.

No automatic box with the diesel, as far as I'm aware.

I've had mine just over 2 years, and in my opinion a great motor.

I've had a tow bar fitted, and it's pulled nearly a ton of roof tiles with ease in my trailer, and stopped.
........only did that the once though, and won't be repeated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps

I should have made it clear I was thinking of the diesel, I thought the N-tec was only available as an oil burner, not used to using those 'configure' things on car sites

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
You'll have no problem with the DPF ('Diesel filter') if you put in a weekly run at over 30mph.

The wiring problem seems unpredicatable but any problems, if you are buying new will be covered by the 3-year warranty.

Tyre wear is a problem as the compound in the Contis is butter soft. There are cheaper more durable alternatives when the Contis wear out. It's odd as the Contis on my old Seat were still very healthy (3-4mm) after 32,000 miles.

That aside, the Note is a cracking little motor and I am sure you'll be happy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nigel B said:
You'll have no problem with the DPF ('Diesel filter') if you put in a weekly run at over 30mph.
No problem there then, ta

Boysie said:
Here ya go.......I found you one.

Just the job - bit far but I'll bear it in mind if there's nothing local nearer the day. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a silly question while I'm still 'browsing' - I've had a look though here but can't find the answer ....

what's the major differences if any between and N-tec and a Tekna?

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts