Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, First i would just like to say hello to the forum members as i am a newbie.
I am not having a good time in the note department at the moment, 3 weeks ago my car went in to have the dreaded front suspension noise investigated my car was at a nissan dealer garage for five days !!!!after the second day i kicked off and was told that the car would be kept over the weekend as the suspension bushes were dry and needed greasing (i thought that greasing bushes was not a remedy) anyway got the car back and all was quiet this last week the noise is back with a vengence and nissan have been told that it is not good enough so the car is going back in next Thursday. Also the work was done under warranty more like botched up and then claim for the costs.

To add to my problems yesterday all of a sudden i found it difficult to get through the upper gears without ease and also my car's idle feels like it is hunting.

Has anybody else suffered the changing gear symptom?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello and welcome

Bad news about your car. Not had any of them issues on mine.

What year is your car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi rich note,my car is an 06 reg.
I am going to try and bleed out the clutch today to see if that improves gear change as the resevoir did look a bit low but surely that should have been check on the recent garage service.
Allan

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
ticking off boxes on your service sheetis quicker than actually checking, more than one garage owner has told me that if you don't specify to check something, they won't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok my car went into the garage today (nissan dealer).It took them all day to call me and tell me that the gear change problem was due to the clutch bit point being to high and that the the clutch would need replacing at a cost of £750 all in and the car would not be ready until next friday (are you having a laugh) i used to fit a standard clutch on my past cars in a saturday afternoon. The suspension noise, again they are saying it is the anti roll bar bushes so they have greased them yet again and told me that if the problem persists then they would have to be changed, why not change them now oh no because it is covered by my warranty and that means a lot of paperwork. Tommorrow i am going to ring the dealers head office and ask them what sort of mechanics do they employ that take a week to do a clutch.

NOT HAPPY

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Swordfish, I suffer a lazy clutch type symptom first thing in the morning, tootle down the hill whilst checking rear view to check the wife has managed to reverse out of the drive (engines going and clutch and gearbox working
) but find at times the Note seems to be stuck in 2nd gear. I either use muscle or stop and then it releases. The symptom I get I attribute to the flywheel spigot bearing drying up over night. Well thats what it would be in a Ford (from my mechanic days) but don't know if Notes have such I thing. My dealer (Wessex Nissan) sold me a warranty with the car supposed to cover up to £5k repairs over the two year cover. I had problems with tail gate wiring and they are calling me back when they have sorted out how to fix it as the insurance wouldn't cover the cost of replacing the wiring loom (£500) why not??? Still waiting for the call and fixed it myself 12 months or so ago. Sadly they want your money and once paid..... what customer service? I presume they have said Clutch is Wear and Tear and not covered. Greasing bushes?? Plastic and grease would only last as you say a few days, rubber put grease nowhere near! I think you like me have felt a major investment should have some cover (warranty) but it's time the actual cover we get is enforced by an authority. last time I was in dealers a customer was having a 2nd front coil spring replaced on his Nissan Qashqai less than 6 months from new, just snap and destroy the tyre. All thats covered by warranty is spring and fitting.... of course tyres like clutches are wear and tear! Glad to say my 2 year warranty is up and can take car elsewhere. having said that I took a company Vauxhall under warranty to a main dealerwith radio problem. The boys have to get in touch with vauxhall and ask what they have to do about it! The replacement CD player didn't work but third time lucky. I think we are all mugs (or taken to be) these days with the Main dealers not having a scrap of conscience about what they fob us off with. Oh yes was asked by a Tyre depot manager (I won't mention I think he was just imcompetant and you can't get better than a ** Fitter) when I had two new tyres fitted on the rear a month ago "as I had new tyres I should have the tracking checked" on the rear I queried? "Oh" he said. Just got got the impression that as I'm almost 60 and with the wife I should just blindly say "Oh Yes" and give him a blank cheque. I had to go back a week later, one tyre lost 15 lb presssure a day, was out the seal between bead and rim (alloys)! If anyone gets problems with Rear wash wipe not working, number plates lights and tail gate switch not working I can let you know how I got round/repared it.
Enough moans for today, happily the Note has been pretty good for me, almost 75K now was 28K two years ago and one more trip to South of France and then time for a replacement. Is booked on ferry so silly to change it, breatherlysers ordered on Amazon (new rule in France from July 1st).
Rambling over cheers for now
John

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Swordfish,

i had a similar experience with the squeeling suspension, turns out it is a copper sleeve that goes through the inner wing that the suspension connects to, it can become loose within the inner wing which causes the rattle/squeek/ squeel,,,,

it drove me mental and i went through the "its the bushes" and the " its a known fault and you need a new part"

all that work and over £400 out of my pocket the garage finally sorted it by using a copper drift to splay the end of the sleeve so it made a good fit again within the wing,

so far it has been fine, this was fixed last august so its now over 6 months and all seems OK,

was told that the correct fix would include a body shop opening the wing up and refitting a new sleeve and the rewelding the inner wing, the car was only 3½ years old so i wasnt going to start paying for welding etc,

take this info to the garage and ask them to check it out, it could be just the same problem as i had, as its supposedly under warrenty then they should sort it out for you, you might need to twist their arm a little though as its not going to be a cheap fix,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts