Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just joined the forum as we purchased a 1 year old 1.4 Acenta from a well known dealership (largest in the UK, initials AC). They had used the vehicle for their finance consultants and it came without a handbook etc but they promised to send a new handbook a.s.a.p. This arrived yesterday (without service records booklet and passcode for radio/cd). I have emailed the dealer to get these things sent as well.

The problem I have is in trying to set the clock as per the handbook, I can't. I noticed the handbook is dated 2012 whilst the car is 2011 (might be slightly different radio/cd). Anyway, to set the clock (bluetooth etc), the handbook tells me to press the SETUP button then rotate the tune/menu button clockwise or anticlockwise until the relevant menu appears and then proceed with adjustment and tells me how to enter settings.

When I press the setup button nothing happens! I've tried it with ignition key in different positions, tried pressing it in for a while and so on but can't get to the 1st menu, let alone move to clock setting.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be most grateful and thank you in advance.

Also, when I turn the engine on it makes a funny noise for a second or less which disappears (the sort of noise you get when you engage the key for too long but I'm not doing that). Previous car was an Almera incidentally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bouncing this to see if anyone has any ideas. Still can't adjust clock. Manual I received (2012, Note is 2011) suggests pressing Setup then twisting Tune/Menu dial to get menu to adjust clock - doesn't work. The online manual given in another thread says press Setup then Enter then twist Tune/Menu to get menus - doesn't work! Anyone got any other suggestions or different ways of adjusting clock etc in their Note?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
do you have the connect sat nav ?? press the setup button - tap onsystem - tap on clock - tap on "set time automatically" to OFF, a box below will pop up tap that now you can set the time manually
its a touch screen so you can scroll by taping on the arrows/items

the above linkis for early pre facelift cars

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, no, I don't have Connect or Sat Nav, it's just AM-FM radio with CD player, no touch screen, see section 4-26 of handbook - press Setup button on radio/cd, press enter, twist tuning dial etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our Acenta has a button sticking outfrom thespeedometerdial you press and hold for a couple of seconds. It also resets theoil change intervals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ta, will give that a try but I thought that was for digital clock above speedometer, our clock is on radio/cd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts