Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been very cold here and I have gone to scrape the ice off the windscreen of my 2007 Note to find more ice on the inside. I have to defrost and then squeegee the waiter away before it falls into the defrost vents. I have owned many cars while living formerly in Upstate NY in very frigid conditions and never once have encountered this. Anybody have any experience with this? Could the windscreen need replacing? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When i owned a note, i too had ice form on the inside of the front windscreen.
As it was only on the one window i assumed it was down to an ill fitting seal. I had a dehumidifier running all night at one point inside the car, it removed over a litre of wated but the car was still damp and wet inside. I didn't bother trying to rectify it though because i was so fed up with the car i got rid of it.
I would have the screen seal looked at by a garage if you intend on keeping the car, i would imagine it won't be a cheap job either.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It has been very cold here and I have gone to scrape the ice off the windscreen of my 2007 Note to find more ice on the inside. I have to defrost and then squeegee the waiter away before it falls into the defrost vents. I have owned many cars while living formerly in Upstate NY in very frigid conditions and never once have encountered this. Anybody have any experience with this? Could the windscreen need replacing? Suggestions?
Sadly Mark there are lots of reports of E11's suffering from an intake of water. This will then condense on your windscreen and freeze. There are other members here that are looking for solutions and you may get some useful advise from them. But i guess due to your local climate it may be best to dry out the car and then trade it in for something else.

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Ok, I live in Ireland, and guess what.............Most of the year it's damp, and sometimes wet.:rolleyes:

So it stands to reason moisture will always occur in that sort of environment, plus the fact you breath out moisture, and more likely climb into your car with wet clothing and shoes,(when it rains).

Where does the moisture go......Yep, inside the car. 11 years and counting, I wipe it away with a cloth.

Of course there are possible leaks from the aircon drain, and windscreen seals, and the rear high level brake light seal, and into the boot space.

Oh by the way, if you feel the need to use a dehumidifier, don't sit in the car with it or it will drain you dry, just like a prune.:LOL:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts