Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Short answer is no.
When i owned a Note i had horrendous issues with condensation and tried everything i could, bags of silica gel on the dash , even an electric dehumidifier. Nothing worked. I put a lot of the issue down to a strip of foam that is at the base of the screen which gets soaked in moisture and then releases it when the car is parked. It was a big problem in winter as i used to have the inside of the screen frozen as much as the outside. The interior, including the front seats also started geting damp.I never did cure it until i traded the car in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have Aircon, using it will reduce the humidity of the air coming out of the vents. It does help reduce condensation inside a dry car!

If the carpets are damp the note does seem to steam up easily....

·
Registered
908 Posts
As Dgoss999 says above.
Use the aircon but DO NOT have it on recirculate otherwise all you will do is "stir" the stale damp air around the inside of the car. Set the control to draw air in from outside.

·
Registered
Note E11 Visia 1.4 petrol (2008)
3 Posts
I remember having a discussion about this issue a while back and a member (can't remember his name) had said that the angle of the windscreen had a bearing on why condensation readily formed on it. Also some talk about the cleanliness of the interior glass. I was told that minute particles of dirt, grease etc on the glass was ideal for moisture to condensate around. As it was, I have since kept my interior glass very clean, use glass cleaner every couple of weeks. and when time & weather permits, I leave a the windows cracked open a bit to get airflow through the car when it's sitting on the drive and I can report that although I still do get a bit more condensation than in other cars I have owned (about 25 or so), it is not a real problem anymore. For me, I'd say keep the interior as dry and as well aired as possible is the best way forward. Once damp gets into the seats and carpets during the winter, they will hold that moisture and slowly release it into the car's interior until the Spring.
It may be an idea to look back 2-4 years and see if these discussions are still here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts