Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to recent events i have had to remove a few posts
Please do not post any links to the esm, I have taken time, money and effortto make sure the links are clean and virus free and to include more information than the standard esm

The 10 post rules is there to help build the forum community not just for anyone to sign up just for a link

Iwill issue warnings to any memberswho post links and will onlyban members as a last resort

Any comments welcome or if you have any ideas to improve the forum please pm me or post below

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Point noted and well made.
Got exactly the same'problems' on a photography forum (11,000 members) that I help to moderate.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It would be nice if people actually posted the fix to their particular fault, especially after so many people will have posted helpfull information for them to use. It would also help greatly anyone looking for a solution to their symptoms instead of either reading a thread only to find it has no conclusion or having to start a new thread repeating the same symptoms.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there isa fine line betweenadding to a thread and making a new one, in the past few weeks i have had to remove/move post(s) because newer members are digging up old posts for no real reason
i think it happens to a lot of forums people post the problem it gets fixed and said person moves on or forgets about the thread

There is a common faults thread in the how to's section

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Flash, is there any way, during the registration process of pointing new members to the 'how to' section?
Possibly by generating a system 'welcome' e-mail and saying that that is what the 'how to' is there for and ask them not to post a new thread unless they can't find the answer.

It would save them time and you an admin load.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is where the limitations of the software come in, stickys dont work tbh as only 20-40% of members read them
Ifits on the registration it just gets clicked andnot read,mass email putsstrain on the software and uses server bandwidth

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Is it really mass e-mail?
It is surely no more than the 'welcome to the forum' post that is invariably sent.
If it's email that causes bandwidth problems, being an 'external' process how about a templated welcome post?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Using the search function would find a lot posts on the symptoms

·
Registered
46 Posts
The search function is very good, I tend to use it, just means reading through posts rather than giving up before you've started

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there are 2 searches a google search at the top and one built into the forum on your status bar below sometimes i have 2 windows open searching and cleaning the forum

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If members wish to source there own files and know where to find themso be it, the items i supply are clean and virus free, i now have access to the newer version but recent events make me he hesitant to share them

we have a wide range of ages and thay may not be so tech savvy or into the whole computer/internet thing, a lot use the internet as a tool not a lifestyle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts