Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i live in ex council house, and took the offer of free solar panels on my roof in 2015, now , my question is , whats the most successful and obviously cheapest way of deterring flamin pigeons from nesting under them , i know you can buy spikes etc --all those cost cash i don't have , i suppose im after home remedies , i've read garlic is good, and essential oils, anyone a had experience, ok i could air rifle the buggas but my luck id get the panels or be prosecuted, pretty reluctant to climb up the roof, with age comes fear..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It will mean getting up on your roof, but if that doesn't bother you, try rolling up chicken wire and pushing it an inch or two under the pannel edges. Make sure to do it soon because if the birds are nesting and sitting on eggs it is illegal to touch them until the young have flown the nest.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will mean getting up on your roof, but if that doesn't bother you, try rolling up chicken wire and pushing it an inch or two under the pannel edges. Make sure to do it soon because if the birds are nesting and sitting on eggs it is illegal to touch them until the young have flown the nest.
yeah good plan,and it would probably work, only downside is, apart from falling off the roof, is the panels butt upto the gable end, so that would a ladder job:cautious:, a tall ladder mmm

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
A dummy bird of prey mounted on the roof, should keep the pigeons at bay. A Hawk or Falcon should do the job.(y)
They don't work, maybe they might if they were animated and made sounds.

I wanted one to keep the flocks of birds from sh###### on the washing and my car. A local on facebook told me not to bother and where I could go and see a couple on roofs round here, and they are surrounded by birds, like St Francis of Assisi. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Boysie

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I wanted one to keep the flocks of birds from sh###### on the washing and my car. A local on facebook told me not to bother and where I could go and see a couple on roofs round here, and they are surrounded by birds, like St Francis of Assisi. :rolleyes:

You had a Flock..!! that's just being damn greedy, if all else fails ill sneak up on them and powerwash the blighters into next week

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about those ultrasonic deices that deter (or are supposed to) foxes etc? If it worked, I supppose the dream scenario is one that worked off solar power (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts