Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a year ago my Dad told me he was buying a Nissan Note...ehhhh What?didnt have a clue what it was.
Always been a fan of Asian cars had a few Mazdas, Hyundai etc....but a Nissan Note ehh
One year my dad and myself have been so impressed, Big car build and kit
Obvously, no car is perfect but i am sure that this will be perfect as a get to work and family car.

So any little tips guys?

many thanks Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a deposit on an 09 1.6 Tekna to collect on June 1st. Had an 05 Skoda 1.4 Ellegance for 4 years and wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I've only had manuals up to now ( 60 years) and that's something else to think about.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Make sure that you keep your left foot tucked well back for a while.
Everyone new to autos presses the "clutch" once when coming to a stop.

They only do it the once mind

I find that in a manual I occasionally stall the engine by forgetting to press the clutch when stopped

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
with an auto the right foot does it all the left foot does nothing, the major thing to get use to is the coasting effect what is strange at first

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys while i havent owned an Auto prevously i have driven them so yes you only try to press the clutch down once as you hit the break pedal.......

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I HATE autos...find them extremely tiresome to drive. Last one I had was a Mondeo 2.0 estate, a great car ruined by lack of a stick shift. I have lost count of the number of times I set off in reverse...

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I have had the same car since 21stlast month I love it for a small car it's Rooney inside let me know how you get on with it one word of advice is you don't need to be heavy with your right foot they really move

Cheers John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts