Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today's the day we go and get the wife's car.

It's being purchased from a main stealer who assures us it's had a full service etc. Having heard some horror stories about wiping filters clean etc, would you check that some how (dip stick maybe?) or am I just being paranoid?

Never bought used from a dealer before, it's always been a new car or second hand privately sold.

Cheers chaps.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
nothing wrong in lifting the bonnet and dipping the oil, should show thru to the metal stick i.e. clean translucent oil

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
remember once it's off the forecourt, fluid levels are your responsibilty even if they are low before you leave! as the response will always be " it was alright before you left"

·
Registered
453 Posts
You should be fine. I got mine from our main Nissan dealer in Chester. I had some very small issues which they resolved. One of them was the trim around the Sat Nav. I only reported the problem when I too the car in for a service. They said I should have reported the issue when I first got the car. After a number of phone calls they agreed to replace the part for free.

They are a great little car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we're now the proud owners of the Note! Not drove it yet (other than the test drive) the missus got the joy of driving it back.

Noticed a couple of little things, a bit of door seal was loose near the drivers footwell (pointed it out at the dealers and we'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't pop off again) and some minor scratches near the drivers door handle, from where I assume the muppet before opened the door with the key blade protruding. Muppet.

Oh, and also found the driver's armrest a little loose. After a quick fumble in the dark (nudge, nudge!) it looks like a nut needs tightening.

More importantly, SWMBO is over the moon! So a couple 'o well earned beers methinks.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
arm rests are a common thing 2 bolts and its off a dab of loctite on the bolts befor you put it backcures the problem
had a prob with the rubber myself dab of silcone and a bit of tape to hold it while it cures sorts it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts