Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!

I just bought a 2008 Nissan note. I've been playing around with the bluetooth and my iPhone and can only manage to ring the last dialled number on my phone.

After lots of research I've realised that I can't send my phonebook via bluetooth so I tried to enter my contacts manually. I get as far as entering the name for the contact but can't find a away to save the name and move onto the next step! Anybody know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have just the same problem, i will wait for a positive response to this one, my Nokia will not send the numbers via bluetooth so im stuck too Edited by: paperman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out at 7am this morning! When you are scrolling through the letters and numbers you'll see an option for o/k, hit enter on this and it will save. Now have all my numbers programmed manually and bluetooth is working perfectly! Husband is getting sick of me ringing him from the car already lol!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi to everyone. This is my first post since becoming a Note owner, so here goes. I too had infuriating problems at first, trying to load phone contacts to the onboard audio unit. I followed the owner manual instructions but after several attempts gave up.

The car is a 2008 Note 1.5 dCi Acenta with the standard Bluetooth audio unit - NOT the Connect unit with GPS. This the first car I've ever used having inbuilt Bluetooth phone connectivity, and I hoped it would work roughly as per the Parrot system which syncs with the mobile phone's address book. WRONG! It doesn't. Each contact has to be entered manually and it's a bit laborious.

Having paired the phone and car, I found the best method was to send my contacts asBusiness Cards to the audio unit. Usually you'll find an option in the phone's menu for sending contacts via Bluetooth.

It worked for me, and still does!

Good luck to everyone trying to load their contacts!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Alfisto,

that doesnt work for me, it says the receiving device cant handle that type of file

i will have to stick with the manual entering,

as i dont need many numbers it isnt a big deal but i could understand someone with lots of contacts being frustrated with the manual entry

·
Registered
143 Posts
OK Paperman. If it helps to know, the method I used (Business Cards) worked for Nokia 6233, Samsung Galaxy S, and Nokia E7-00. If I can find time over the weekend I will make a note ( !! ) of the procedure step by step (helpful for my future reference anyway).

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with thecar's user manual instructions, because trying to load the contacts manually letter by letter, number by number, I could find no way to save what I had input. The "accept" instruction ("<OK>" ?) as per the user manual text didn't seem to appear on the unit's display. That's why is frustration I tried the connection via the "Bluetooth +" position and sending via business cards. Did you use the Bluetooth + position?

ATB

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The manual instructions are correct, you can only send via bluetooth one entry at a time, then a displayed message of "save" at which press the enter button. worked every time for me using my phones "send via bluetooth" option, I tried sending "all" contacts but it still only accepts one at a time, which you have to acknowledge with save OK. You can though delete the entire contacts list at one go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Note 1.4 N-Tec+Phone Samsung Galaxy 2

I was also having problems trying to bluetooth the contacts from the phone to the connect.

What worked for me was first moving the contacts onto the phone sim card and then the connect bluetooth saw them and transferred them.

It may have been that the phone contacts were at a "system" level within the phone directory structure that the bluetooth did not have any access rights to, and by moving them to the sim card, where the bluetooth has access rights, was all that was needed.

Mr H

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured it out at 7am this morning! When you are scrolling through the letters and numbers you'll see an option for o/k, hit enter on this and it will save. Now have all my numbers programmed manually and bluetooth is working perfectly! Husband is getting sick of me ringing him from the car already lol!
Thank you so much. I put one number in I’ll do the rest at some point. Thank you 🙂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts