Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason certain Notes suffer from malfunctioning PCV valves. Results in unsteady idling , bad starting strange noises. Not detectable on ODB2 diagnose. Might damage engine quite a lot. Had this once, reoccurring again. Get impression not only mine is affected. Poor design and quality again in combination with increased ethanol percentage gasoline and use of cleaning additives to the engine. Dealers suggest you exchange a lot expensive parts whilst it concerns this cheapo part which dan be cleaned also. Problem increases with unused vehicles during corona crises where these additives and ethanol get extra change to do unwanted effects. On trouble let your dealer check this first before anything else. Nr 1 obligatory.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After all idling problems my E11 1.6 petrol had. Describes in thread in forum some weeks back, that was solved by cleaning MAF sensor and PCV Valves. After 6 weeks problems mounted again om warm engine. Today dealer mechanic swapped PCV Valve from another 1.6 in showroom and cleaned MAF again and relearned at 700 idle. Far better results then few weeks ago. Like new and no more feeling like handbrake is still on. Made two test drives and checked her with odb2 reader in idle. Again, this problem is only detected by odb2 on low erraneous idle and will give no error code. New pcv valve is 66 euro's. Dont let you be fooled into 1200 euro throttle valve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After all idling problems my E11 1.6 petrol had. Describes in thread in forum some weeks back, that was solved by cleaning MAF sensor and PCV Valves. After 6 weeks problems mounted again om warm engine. Today dealer mechanic swapped PCV Valve from another 1.6 in showroom and cleaned MAF again and relearned at 700 idle. Far better results then few weeks ago. Like new and no more feeling like handbrake is still on. Made two test drives and checked her with odb2 reader in idle. Again, this problem is only detected by odb2 on low erraneous idle and will give no error code. New pcv valve is 66 euro's. Dont let you be fooled into 1200 euro throttle valve
After only 3 days marvellous driving the problem reoccurred tremendously on cold engine straight away before end of 1st street. Are going to exchange the MAF sensor with the 1.6 in showroom dealer. ODB2 reader shows alternating idle against fluctuating MAF now. Too bad I can't share the charts with readings here. Will look into that to get us more aware of this fine car. Drives me as nuts as it did Sineu.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The car sure can be very frustrating when it wants to, with me it was almost every other day lol. Hence the reason i got rid of mine.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
38 Posts
I thought the general opinion in this forum is that E11 are good oldies unlike crappy E12. Or this comparison is just relative :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Don't get me wrong kptg, there are good examples of every car ever made but there are also bad ones too.
The Note was a car built down to a price then sold for as much as possible, cheap parts were used some of which were deadly, as in the air bags fiasco. It seems that i, along with Rob57, may have bought cars that were rolled off the production line a little too quick as the guys making it were eager to clock off on a friday lol. My experience with the note has put me off anything Nissan for life and i will never buy their cars again.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
38 Posts
Thank for explaining, Sineu.

I am a newbie to cars and E12 Note is our first car. While it runs well so far and I had good experiences with our local Nissan dealer, I will be very unlikely to buy another Nissan.
The reason? Our next car would probably an EV. What Nissan is doing with Leaf really put me off. 10 years ago, Leaf is a pioneer. But for 10 years, they keep refusing to add Battery Cooling System which is critical for EVs. And the reason is the same as you said: built it as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will never ever buy anything from Nissan , Renault or associatated with it again.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just flatly refuse to buy ANYTHING French.
I sold my 05 plate Citroën C3, seven years ago. It was a 1.4 diesel with 120k on the clock.
I can see on my mot check app that it's still running having covered 200k.
I only charged the girl £900 for it so she had a bargain.
French cars have been dodgy especially with the electrics but some of the diesel engines are capable of high milage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few brands have been dodgy all their live, not exclusively french. We know where this fine Nissan car comes from. Revives my trauma owning an Austin Allegro once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts