Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Owned many Nissan cars over the year including Cherry (sec hand), Sunny (sec hand), Bluebird (new) and Passat (new).
Just picked up a 1.4 note acenta 09 9000 miles yesterday.
Quick question...
passanger seat seems to tip forward when sitting on the front edge.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
well there is under seat storage it should latch so you need to pull the seat up with a bit of force
it may well need the tab/latch bending so it holds the seat squab

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
flash22 said:
well there is under seat storage it should latch so you need to pull the seat up with a bit of force
it may well need the tab/latch bending so it holds the seat squab
perhaps there's a DEAD BODY hidden in it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SneakyElephant said:
very much doubt it, the dealer I bought it from is tighter than a gnat's chuff... gives nothing extra. his moto is "if its not on the specs... don't expect it!" He even listed 7 ltrs of fuel lol

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Mine is exactly the same.
There is a loop on the back edge of the seat cushion, and a sort of buffer affair on the seat frame.
Careful before you bend it, it works the opposite way to how it appears at first sight: the loop goes behind the buffer, not in front.

Mine needs a good pull from the fabric tab to lift up, but will flip up and drop you on the floor if you just breathe on the front edge when leaning in to pick up a piece of litter out of the footwell.
I think it is just another design flaw*, the pivot is too far back.

*seems to have quite a few, the old cynic in me is starting to go hmmm at the "designed and built in Britain" publicity.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the nissan note has its quirks but its not as bad as some i can think of.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I know all about quirks: I've had 4 Landrovers and 2 minis
(proper minis: not these big fat new ones)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mnl said:
Mine is exactly the same.
There is a loop on the back edge of the seat cushion, and a sort of buffer affair on the seat frame.
Careful before you bend it, it works the opposite way to how it appears at first sight: the loop goes behind the buffer, not in front.

Mine needs a good pull from the fabric tab to lift up, but will flip up and drop you on the floor if you just breathe on the front edge when leaning in to pick up a piece of litter out of the footwell.
I think it is just another design flaw*, the pivot is too far back.
Thanks people. its a bit cats and dogs today but will give it a go in the morning.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Actually, I just went and had a good look at this particular "quirk"

Due to a brilliant piece of "quirk" the seat pivot bar extends forwards of the frame.
The front of the frame is clamped to the seat chassis by two of the teeniest weeniest little screws that you ever did see. (Naturally you cant get at the heads to tighten them due to another "quirk"
(If I could post a picture it would be obvious what I mean)
Lift the seat cushion up and remove the plastic tray
Grab the pivot bar between the seat hinges and lift it up and down, it moves miles and the whole front part is loose.
If it ever stops raining I'll see about fixing it: I suspect the welder might be needed, or perhaps bigger nuts and bolts to clamp it on.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It finally stopped raining, so I had a go at it.

The outside trim just wrenches off enough to get an 8mm AF socket in to tighten the screws with the pivot bar pulled up.
This seems to hold it for now, I suspect a blob of weld is needed for a long term fix, but with the reputation these cars have for dodgy BECMs I'm loath to wave an electric welder near the car.

At the back of the cushion, the metal loop will adjust down the cushion (towards the hinge) with two crosspoint screws.
Doesn't flip right up now from the front, but still pops up out of the catch a little.

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Muleman said:
SneakyElephant said:
very much doubt it, the dealer I bought it from is tighter than a gnat's chuff... gives nothing extra. his moto is "if its not on the specs... don't expect it!" He even listed 7 ltrs of fuel lol
YES...I was charged £38.75 +vat for the dead body...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts