1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
some idiot has burnt a cigarette hole in my passenger seat

its a 2011 1.5 diesel.n.tec...does anyone know what options i would have as

to buy a new seat/get it recovered etc..the car is silver and interior is kinda grey/black checked

please help

Edited by: TOM-TOM

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there are companies that will be able to repair the burn, a new squab will set you back a fair few quid but you can get all the parts and its not a case of buying a whole seat
you will need your reg/vin number to order the part

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
W thanks for the info...would you happen to know any companies based around tyneside. I can onlyfind breakers and salvage,but would rather get fixed instead of waiting round for a crashed damaged
flash22 said:
there are companies that will be able to repair the burn, a new squab will set you back a fair few quid but you can get all the parts and its not a case of buying a whole seat  
you will need your reg/vin number to order the part

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i cant help with a company as im down south, there are national companys like chipsaway tho
http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/services/triminterior/

never used them before but a mate had some dash repairs done after his focus was returned after it being stolen ( fag burns in the dash )

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
109 Posts
just revisited this thread as it triggered something in my mind ( not an easy task at the mo :) )

as the passenger seat folds out to reveal the hidden storage bin is it possible to swap out the seat cushion part only, dont know how it hinges but it might be an easy solution if you can find a matching seat cushion in a scrap yard etc, other option would be similar but relace the whole seat, dont know if the cost would be more than a repair though,

if you do the whole seat disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to deactivate the airbag

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
paperman said:
just revisited this thread as it triggered something in my mind ( not an easy task at the mo :) )

as the passenger seat folds out to reveal the hidden storage bin is it possible to swap out the seat cushion part only, dont know how it hinges but it might be an easy solution if you can find a matching seat cushion in a scrap yard etc, other option would be similar but relace the whole seat, dont know if the cost would be more than a repair though,

if you do the whole seat disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to deactivate the airbag
can't you just deactivate the passenger airbag with the key? You can on mine.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
paperman said:

can't you just deactivate the passenger airbag with the key? You can on mine.
when doing anything with the airbag system always disconect the battery for 15-20 mins to discharge any power in the airbag system, then it cant go off,if you remove anything airbag related with the battery on it will throw up a fault on the airbag system - whats now an mot fail

iirc the key switch on the side of tthe dash just disables the front airbag and not the side one in the seat (iirc its 09/08 on)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
imagine what that airbag would do to them tusks and ya trunk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts