Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought a used Nissan Note and the boot doesn't open. Ontop of this, the front passenger door doesn't lock!

It's central locking, so I can't lock it from inside.

It makes a loud grating noise when I click the key fob (really annoying), but all the doors lock (except for the passenger door).

I've watched a video on how to get rid of the annoying central locking noise, but I'm thinking I might need to change the front passenger car door lock, as it doesn't work at all).

I've watched some videos on YouTube on how to do it, but the trouble is, the videos don't menton needing to disconnect the battery. And the heaps of Google posts I've read say that when changing car door locks the battery needs disconnecting.

BUT that disconnecting the battery can cause problems!

Some people talk of buying something to stick in the cigarette lighter when the battery's disconnected, but I guess the whole point of my attempting to do it myself was to save some money!

So, guess I'm just wondering, what your thoughts are?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there
Exact same thing happened with my 07 Note, Started with the door lock. When disassembling remember the rod connectors rotate then slide out, do not try to force the plastic holders as they will snap they just rotate out of the way. A little fiddly but once youve done it, its easy to put it back together. Have a look for the pin sticking out of the locking module as this normally is the problem. I had to replace mine with a second hand one from the scrap yard (£10).

Second the boot, easiest way to open without messing with the harness is this one
9/10 the problem it the rubber boot between the boot and body, once you have the boot open, check for 12v to the boot switch. Assuming you dont have 12v, disconnect all that the harness leads to, feed it through the boot and pull the harness out of the boot completely, slide the rubber boot off and identify the snapped wires and reconnect.

If you dont want to completely remove the harness you can cut the rubber boot but its more tricky to attach them back together.

Through all of this I didnt disconnect the battery at all and had no problems whatsoever, worst case scenario if you slip and touch both positive and ground at the same time it will just blow a fuse

Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there
Exact same thing happened with my 07 Note, Started with the door lock. When disassembling remember the rod connectors rotate then slide out, do not try to force the plastic holders as they will snap they just rotate out of the way. A little fiddly but once youve done it, its easy to put it back together. Have a look for the pin sticking out of the locking module as this normally is the problem. I had to replace mine with a second hand one from the scrap yard (£10).

Second the boot, easiest way to open without messing with the harness is this one
9/10 the problem it the rubber boot between the boot and body, once you have the boot open, check for 12v to the boot switch. Assuming you dont have 12v, disconnect all that the harness leads to, feed it through the boot and pull the harness out of the boot completely, slide the rubber boot off and identify the snapped wires and reconnect.

If you dont want to completely remove the harness you can cut the rubber boot but its more tricky to attach them back together.

Through all of this I didnt disconnect the battery at all and had no problems whatsoever, worst case scenario if you slip and touch both positive and ground at the same time it will just blow a fuse

Good Luck
Hi,

Thanks for this!

Sorry for the late reply, I had a busy day!

I watched that video for the Nissan boot but mine is a different panel to that (I have a 2007 MPV Note), the trim along the bottom - that appears in that video - is missing from my boot panel 🙁.

Okay, I don't think the boot is a good idea for ME to take apart (aside of that I have NO tools except screwdrivers, and no understanding of 12v and harness - I hate to use the female card, but going to have to here), the boot sounds pretty tricky for a novice without a toolbox.

That said, the video I watched to fix the annoying noise coming from the passenger side door lock, that looks like something simple that I can take a shot at!

Would I be able to do that (push the metal pin back into the lock) without disconnecting the battery? Or could I get electrocuted doing this (or blow a fuse)?

And, how about if I wanted to change/replace the door lock with one from a scrapyard (from somewhere like Ebay), would I be able to do that without disconnecting the battery - or could that cause me to get shocked/blow a fuse?

Thanks for your advice, it's much appreciated 🙂.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts