Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got a 62 plate Note that hasn't got the cover that is Velcrod to the back seat and parcel shelf. I was told that they don't have them on that year but there are velcro patches on the back seat. Any comments??. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Yep, they changed the design of the load cover. It used to have a little 'blind' attached that kept things covered when you slid the rear seat forward.

Dropped at the end of 2010/1 IIRC probably to save £0.50.

Same as the under seat storage bin and the engine cover which 'disappeared' from the later Notes.

I have a 12 plate that has the little Velcro strips as well.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have the Velcro strips, the extra flap was dropped iirc 2008

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haha just sorted that for me then I thought there was something missing when I noticed the Velcro on my 12 plate NTEC + . I have the under passenger seat box and I have black plastic cover under the bonnet which I take is the engine cover ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bit of a bad idea. The wife pushed the seat forward and you can see what is in the boot!!!, don't they tell you to put thing's in the boot out of site??. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Or get some Velcro and a strip of plastic and make one up to fill the gap.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
It wouldn't take much to get a bit of fabric and Make one up

A thin batting or plastic flat bar to hold it to the under side of the shelf with 3-4 black rivets to hold it in place through the shelf

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get blue peter to make one with double sided sticky tape and a empty washing up liquid bottle??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a 63 plate note with parcel shelf but no under seat storage
now that would have been a boon.

Now just a big gap under the seat with wires in the way.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
that's the only problem with the very late cars there running the parts down - is the seat squab bolted down or can you still lift it ? (loop at the back)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why not just use a plastic container of the roughly correct size? That's what I did. Admittedly you have to access it from the rear nearside seating area, so isn't so useful as the original, but only put things in it like the first aid box, which hopefully I will not often use!
lindar

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
At the front of the seat you have the slider release and a wire goes diagonallyacross, there is limited access in the back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice discussion. I have a 2006 model with luggage flap and under passenger seat storage. However I also have two velcro loops UNDER the parcel shelf. What are these for? Seems like 18" umbrella or folded emergency triangle (remember those!). Maybe a bicycle pump! Any suggestions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts