Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope some one can help I have a 64 plate nissan note 1.5dci tekna e12,recently the mil light came on and the car had a slight hesitation when accelerating, my code reader was playing up so couldn't get the codes so called the AA out the man checked the codes and did a regen on the dpf. all was good for that day but the next day the mil light came back on and I got these codes p253f and p0380 so I changed the oil and filter even though the service was not due for a further 750 miles, the glow plugs are on order,but I'm still getting the code p253f even though when I turn on the ignition it says oil good. any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Look on the internet, it will tell you your problems, look a bit deeper and it will tell you where to find the faulty object :wink:.

·
Registered
651 Posts
p253f = Oil deteriorated and needs changing. You say that it has been changed but did you reset the error code as well ?

p0380 = See the site at this link -- https://www.obd-codes.com/p0380
There are four or five reasons for this error code,you just have to go through them until you find the one that cures the error.
Remember to reset the error code each time or you will not know which repair worked.

Fault in glow plug wiring (open, short to ground, etc.) Glow plug faulty Open fuse Faulty glow plug relay Faulty glow plug module

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0380
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you sineu but i'm not to worried about the p0380 code,will try to sort that one out on the weekend its the oil deteriorated one that's bugging me ,as mentioned in my first post I have changed the oil and filter but still get the code yet my dash reads oil good when I turn the ignition on. I have tried to reset service interval but to no avail,turn ignition to position 2 ,wait 5 secs then hold the trip button but nothing happens

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
As I understood it, "OIL GOOD" is the amount of oil in the sump, not the condition of the oil.
Not having and OBD, or confess I'm an expert with an OBD, but reading other posts, have you cancelled the fault readings? You may have filled up with new oil, but you have to cancel the fault code for it not to appear again.
As for resetting the service interval, but it's not worked, you know when you put the new oil in and have a receipt for the oil, put it in a folder and make a mental note when it's got to be changed at the appropriate time.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
thank you sineu but i'm not to worried about the p0380 code,will try to sort that one out on the weekend its the oil deteriorated one that's bugging me ,as mentioned in my first post I have changed the oil and filter but still get the code yet my dash reads oil good when I turn the ignition on. I have tried to reset service interval but to no avail,turn ignition to position 2 ,wait 5 secs then hold the trip button but nothing happens

Resetting the service interval will not reset any stored fault codes.

You need either a good local independent garage or some expertise yourself with an OBD reader/ resetter to clear the codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your replies,Yes I have cleared the fault codes each time but they both reappear when you drive the car,the car drives fine even with the codes.I will change the glow plugs this weekend and hopefully at least get rid of one of them. I have noticed that the codes come back when the engine is cold but not when the car has been used,so that would explain the heater plug fault code (heater plugs not energised when engine is up to operational temp) but not the oil deteriorated code

·
Registered
651 Posts
You say that the code was erased after changing the oil and filter but did you also reset the oil life monitor ?
I read somewhere that this has to be reset also or the "fault" will still be present. Don't know the procedure for doing this on your car but a Google search should bring up something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well finally sorted, one carbon clean a bottle of wynns dpf cleaner and a 40 mile drive at 3000rpm and several code deletes on the way and all the codes have gone . I HATE MODERN CARS, who ever invented the dpf should be pig f***ed

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's supposedly called progress lol.
That and it keeps the tree huggers happy.
Glad you sorted the issue and thanks for the update.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
The thing is "Richie15", not sure how long you have been driving, going back many moons, motoring was really a weekend hobby, Saturday or Sunday, you used to go out and tinker with the engine or what ever, then before you went on a what you called a longish trip say 250 miles :smile_big:, you checked your plugs, points made sure the HT leads were clean, water and oil. gave the tyres a kick and checked for stones or nails, gave the wheels a wobble from side to side, just to make sure they wouldn't fall off, took the wheels off to adjust the brakes. Then load up the boot with a good roll of tools, gallon of oil and a gallon of water, just in case. Then new plugs, points and condenser :wink:.
There was no such animal as a diesel car on the roads then.
Today, your going on a 250 mile trip, you check the oil level, as long as it said on the dash "OIL OK" that would be it, make sure the water in the expansion bottle is up to the level, plenty of water in the washer bottle. Check the tyres all round (I wonder how many check the spare for pressure?)
fill up with fuel, and off you go, no worries :wink:.
I'm not keen on the way cars are going, some motors you cannot even open the bonnet, just a little flap to top up the washer bottle. Modern technology has gone a long way for the motorist, the new thing now with electric cars, there's a new thing on the block called "charging anxiety" where they start planning a route allowing them to be able to charge their cars on route.
You read about it where they go off their route for 15 miles to charge their car, when they get there it's either out of action or there is a queue for others to charge.
By the time the government have banned all fossil fuelled cars off the road, I'd have pegged it, so really I'm not really bothered :kiss: .

·
Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
Apparently BP are installing charging points, at all of their filling stations. In 20 years, there'll just be a row of charging points, and no fuel pumps.

Makes you wonder how they'll make any profit.:wink::wink::smile_big:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts