1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can anyone assist?

Its my dad's Note 1.5 DCI, 2011.

Originally it got the engine light showing and limp mode, so i used a cheap reader and it gave me these 2 codes.

P0380 - Glow plug / Heater Circuit A
P0048 - Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Control Solenoid A Circuit High

I took to several auto electricians who suggested first to change the glow plugs. None of them seemed to be sure of what the faults are.

So after i got the glow plugs changed, the P0380 has gone. Great.

I then purchased a new Boost Solenoid and changed it myself thinking that might solve the other error, but the P0048 error has not gone.

I still get P0048 error code showing and i just noticed a P242F DPF ash accumulation code is now showing.

I'm not sure what the next step is. Car is still in limp mode,
I've tried multiple auto electricians and none of them seem to be able to narrow down the problems.

Can anyone advise what next to do?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
I couldn't say to be honest, but there are other members of this group who are far better clued up than myself.
The only clue I have to go, is what you said here......."I still get P0048 error code showing and i just noticed a P242F DPF ash accumulation code is now showing. ".

How long are the majority of trips does your father do. If it's mostly 'going to the supermarket' type trips, that will clog up the DPF filter. Much longer trips, above 40mph will get the engine and exhaust hot enough to burn off the particles in the DPF.

I don't want to mislead you in any way, as I don't have enough experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't say to be honest, but there are other members of this group who are far better clued up than myself.
The only clue I have to go, is what you said here......."I still get P0048 error code showing and i just noticed a P242F DPF ash accumulation code is now showing. ".

How long are the majority of trips does your father do. If it's mostly 'going to the supermarket' type trips, that will clog up the DPF filter. Much longer trips, above 40mph will get the engine and exhaust hot enough to burn off the particles in the DPF.

I don't want to mislead you in any way, as I don't have enough experience.
Hi thanks
He mainly does local drives.

I put some dpf cleaner and some diesel in and drove it local and the dpf code seems to have dissapeared, but the p0048 error is still showing.

Both the amber and red warning lights show when starting the car.

It seems to be stuck on the p0048 error.

I will try see if another auto electrician can check it.

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
To be honest, the worst car to have for very short continual trips, is one fitted with a DPF. A longish run is vital every now and then. The engine and exhaust should well up to to temperature to make it work properly. 40 -50mph +, and preferably a motorway drive, or dual carriageway to get up to speed and maintain it for at least 20 miles or so,(inc. return journey). This will be necessary to keep the DPF clean/cleaner.
DPF cleaning products are ok, but not when full of ash, or if there is quite a build up of it. You will notice greyish/white smoke if there is ash in the DPF while running at speed, over the distance suggested. Keep going until it vanishes, or becomes a lot less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A regen converts soot to ash. Once the ash load is at max the only solution is to replace the DPF. A regen will not remove it.

Has he been using low SAPS oil, its essential in DPF fitted cars.
Ok thanks. I will tell them to get it looked at.
What other things could be causing the p0048 code?
Given that that boost solenoid has been replaced already but didnt make a difference. Could it be the MAP sensor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A regen converts soot to ash. Once the ash load is at max the only solution is to replace the DPF. A regen will not remove it.

Has he been using low SAPS oil, its essential in DPF fitted cars.
Hi, when you say replace, do you mean completely change the dpf section with new part? Or do a dpf clean by removing off the car using dpf blockage cleaner?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What other things could be causing the p0048 code?
Given that that boost solenoid has been replaced already but didnt make a difference. Could it be the MAP sensor?
Did you clear the error code after replacing the part ?
If not the error will still show.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you clear the error code after replacing the part ?
If not the error will still show.
Hi yes, cleared the code but it came back.

I tried clearing it again but the reader is not removing it now.

We got this reader here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts