Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
thank you for the pictures, helps alot. wasnt sure if that was part of the supercharger, didnt realise it came off and was also the bypas valve. will get it off either tomorrow or monday and have a look and see if it is stuck or dirty and take it from there. I will get back to you when i find out more info if i get it solved or not. eddie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for your reply, do you know where the supercharger bypass valve is located at all? Possibly if i could get a part number from the one fitted i could try a new one and see if my problem is solved. I phoned nissan today and the parts person told me this part doesnt exist for this vehicle.
Hi have a 2015 in my shop with the same code P0039 did some checking and came across this info

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, after having this fault cleared last time, it happened again a few days ago. Cause, I think was on startimg engine, I was reversing a tad, stalled and pressed accelerator as it was stalling. I had MIL on and Traction control light. The traction control reset after driving a bit, stopping car, off, back on. The MIL light stayed on. I tried the on off 6 times cycle to no avail. Finally order a diagnostic tool that connects to OBD, and after checking, suspecting control valve sticking, reset the code. Car runs fine. But in next service am going to ask them to fit a new valve. Jist in case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just had the same error code pop up on my 2015 note dig-s at the same time as my traction control light.

My wife said she stopped to fill up and when she started it again engine light and traction control both came on. I've reset the fault code but it instantly comes back up, doesn't give me any code relating to the traction just P0039.

Luckily still got afew months warranty on it so I'll see what they find.
Did you find anything out then?

I experienced same issue with traction control / MIL light's coming on simultaneously yesterday. Seemed to put my car into limp mode initially however I had to leave it for a few hours as I was on my way to work when it happened, and once I got back in the car the traction control light didn't show back up however the MIL did.

That seemed to disconnect the supercharger however that aside my car was no longer running in limp mode.

Earlier today I hooked up an ODBII and found the P0039 which is what lead me here....

I've cleared the code, had the car out for a run and it seems fine. Going off what I've read here, I think my issue may have been caused by low charge in my battery, as I've only been using the car to travel 2 miles to work in the morning and 2 miles home for the last few weeks, and the weekend gone I didn't manage to get it out on a run at all.

At least I'm hoping that's what it could have been, only time will tell I suppose....

·
Registered
33 Posts
This post has been dragging on since 6th May 2016. With only 8 posts
Not being funny, but no member has come back on this one to give a clue what the problem is, whether they have cured it or not.
This is the problem when members get their fault fixed and don't even bother to tell other members the cause and the cure. It seems a bit one sided.
I'm guilty of doing that on a thread I created way back in 2017, my apologies, however in my defence my thread didn't get a response at all from anyone until it had been posted for over a year!! I think that may be part of the issue here, I guess that's why I didn't pop back to comment at the time. I probably looked but as no-one had responded....

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
103 Posts
The switching process between using and bypassing the supercharger seems complicated to have a definite answer.
But it does make sense that a low battery does not have power to actuate the big valve, in addition to engage SC clutch and other works at the same time.

·
Registered
Note Tekna
1 Posts
Hi

I kept getting this error code on my petrol 2014 reg Note Tekna Digi S and bought an ODBII reader/resetter as it was so frequent.

I definitely think this error code it is linked to battery health. Mine died on me when I was out and I had to get a friend to jump start me. I went to Halfords to get them to check the battery out and they pronounced it ok - but then an eagle-eyed female member of staff noticed that the integral 'battery health' light in the battery was not green. I bought a new battery and have not had the error code appear since.

Subsequently I have read reports of batteries on these cars being unreliable after 3 years?

Hope this helps!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts