Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I've got a Note Tekna Style DIG-S that I took delivery of in May 2014... It's been great until a month back...

I was easily averaging 48+mpg, then I had a MIL light that was reset by the recovery team. It told me it was P0039 (see pic). Since the I'm barely getting 35mpg (monthly average).

The dealership tell me there is nothing wrong, but clearly this isn't the case.

Has anyone else come across this or can offer some advice?

The car has covered 18k miles from new.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it will play havoc with the fuelling and it will be underpowered too, as the dig-s uses a miller cycle and the supercharger to control the compression of the cylinders on the compression stroke<div abp="1117">
<div abp="1118">I don't have much info on the hr12ddr engine all I can really tell you is its up stream of the main throttle body and diverts the intake away from the charger
<div abp="1118">
<div abp="1118">find another dealer that knows what there doing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone found out the solution to this problem?

I have a note that is throwing this exact code.

I changed the second throttle that recirculates the air back to the intake side of the supercharger, changed the purge solenoid and map sensors also.

the code still seems to come up randomly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have a 2012
Micra with the same DIG-S 1.2 engine

I have had this
fault code twice, both times at engine startup, spaced probably 12 months apart
give or take.

As above, google
points the finger at the boost control/bypass actuator, however given my error
showed up immediately at startup where little or no boost should be available,
its either getting stuck OR my other theory is a weak battery start pulling
down the voltage at the sensor giving an erroneous reading. The first
time I am reasonably sure of a weak battery as the engine started
lethargically. 2nd time I wasn't present as the wife was driving it. Both times, I get the car home, stick on a charger for an hour or 2 to top it back up.

Both times I have
cleared the code myself and the fault does not re-appear and car drives fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the same error code pop up on my 2015 note dig-s at the same time as my traction control light.

My wife said she stopped to fill up and when she started it again engine light and traction control both came on. I've reset the fault code but it instantly comes back up, doesn't give me any code relating to the traction just P0039.

Luckily still got afew months warranty on it so I'll see what they find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the P0039 fault code come up on my 2014 reg 1.2 digi-s. with the eml illuminated. Anyone else had this and found out what the solution was please? Mechanic suspects it's the supercharger drive belt. The car is driving fine with no increase in fuel consumption. The codes been reset and the light hasn't come back on after 30 miles driven.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
This post has been dragging on since 6th May 2016. With only 8 posts
Not being funny, but no member has come back on this one to give a clue what the problem is, whether they have cured it or not.
This is the problem when members get their fault fixed and don't even bother to tell other members the cause and the cure. It seems a bit one sided.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
This post has been dragging on since 6th May 2016. With only 8 posts
Not being funny, but no member has come back on this one to give a clue what the problem is, whether they have cured it or not.
This is the problem when members get their fault fixed and don't even bother to tell other members the cause and the cure. It seems a bit one sided.

Just looking back at the posts, apart from "Flash22" the rest are all very low posts plenty of "1's" a "5" and one "6" they just come in don't get an answer then sod off !!!!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi "Causbrite" Thank you for your reply, this might help out the other members. Can you come back after a week or so and let us know how your notes running with a few miles under it's belt?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi "Causbrite" Thank you for your reply, this might help out the other members. Can you come back after a week or so and let us know how your notes running with a few miles under it's belt?
No prob. Took it out for a good spin last night, nice long straight unlit road, national limit of course, but pushed a bit harder. Everything seemed good. Will get another good runs in next week or so and will report.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for that. My check engine light has never returned since the mechanic cancelled it but that's
something to check if it does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to update on this (I know its an old thread now...)
Our EML light came on a few more times since I last posted, but also, the car left us stranded one day due to the battery just giving up on us.

We replaced the battery on the Micra and we have never had this fault come back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had this Problem, managed to get the Motor Symbol to blink with the correct pedal Timing. But then bought a 15GBP device to read it out, as the blinks were 0 3 9.
Basically car was not used for a Long time ~6 weeks and the battery was clearly weak.
Gave it a long run and the Problem disappeared.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts