Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am over in UK from Munich with family after 3 days and nearly 1000 miles, we headed down to Weymouth. Next day I started the car and it was gutless, no real power. So I pulled over read the can bus reader and got P0011. Stupidly I called ADAC as I have cover and they sent out the AA.
The AA guy diagnosed vvt solenoid with help from the garage but said I should call nissan as he will only tow nissan offer mobility ie. Hire car for 3 days.
So he left us in a layby at 12:30 & so began the nightmare of Nissan... Basically they never came, turns out they also use the AA and because someone had been to us the AA cancelled all requests. This I found out at 18:30... They promised to send a tow but no-one came...
After many calls we ended up cancelling and going back to adac at 6am...
I'll update when I know more but I've been told by the dealer to complain. The problem is nissan mobility won't help you if they don't tow you...!!! :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok good news, Vvt solenoid ordered yesterday, should be fitted Wednesday or Thursday. Will update with cost but the garage had to custom make a special tool as it was jammed in due to the Munich winters.

·
Registered
2014 E12 Dig-S Tekna manual
34 Posts
So Nissan are currently claiming global supply issues, to bump up the prices on parts. In another Thread there is a you tube video stating the part cost 130gbp after sending from Germany. The Nissan dealer said also a year ago it cost 130gbp…. Oh not now… 🤯😱

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am the op stupidly my new phone logged in with my Google account. The car was reported on Friday, landed in the shop on Saturday and diagnosed on Monday. Part came yesterday, fitted today…
If you so suspect me of a crime..!?! Feel free to call 999 🫣
I hope Nissan has punished me enough 👮🏻‍♂️🧑‍🔧 🤑

Reactions: Jymmer

·
Registered
280 Posts
So why did you say part ordered 1st and to be fitted 3rd or 4th yet you were invoiced on the 30th and fitted today (3rd).

How can they invoice you on the 30th when they supposedly did not diagnose the issue until 1st.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dude you’re more German than I am, please use your eyes. The invoice says “date in” ie. Date the car was received at the dealership.
Don’t know what’s got a bee in your bonnet, but I hope you can chill and aim for a relaxing weekend…. 😬

Reactions: Jymmer

·
Registered
280 Posts
OK then explain why you were complaining on here on 31 July that you were stranded in a layby yet now you say the car went into the dealership on the 30th.

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
There seems to be confusion between these 2 accounts, and it appears to be the very same person with both. I was confused with dates, and different members names/accounts.
My initial thought that accounts had been hacked, but obviously not.
So please accept that there is confusion here, between members, and myself as a moderator. So lets keep to the issue of the Vvt solenoid, and not timescale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts