Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I’ve got a P0011 fault. car was driving fine until I tried to pull away at a set of lights and it just lost all power and the engine amber light of doom came on along with the green auto light flashing. Check with basic fault reader and got the P0011 fault.. checked the forum and saw that the likely cause is the VVT intake solenoid. Car is 7 years old but has only done 15K miles (it was an elderly relatives and only done 300-500 miles a year until it was given to me. Ive loosened the wiring harness, the retaining bolt but can’t get the bloomin thing out. Can get it to spin through 360 degrees but it won’t pull out. Tried to lever it using a screwdriver between the lug for the retaining bolt and the engine block but was still very tight. Didn’t want to force it because I read on the forum that someone had broken the top off theirs and part was left in the engine block. Took it to the local garage that I use for servicing. He said it was my timing chain and wanted to take the engine out to replace it and wanted to charge me £1100 for the pleasure. Took the car home so now looking to see if anyone can advise if they had the same problems getting the solenoid out and, if they eventually managed to get it out, how did they do it. As I say I don’t want to risk breaking the thing in half.. any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Can't say I've changed one I'm afraid, but-

If it rotates 360 degrees easily, the only thing that can be holding it is the O-ring.

It needs a straight pull, or lever two opposite sides at once, I think the broken ones are caused by people levering excessively in just one place, and the top bends, snapping the casting.

If it does snap, it should be possible to remove it with a hook if it is free, although others screw giant screws in and use pullers.

Supposed to be an easy job, and a fix with a pattern part, rather than the joke prices Nissan want.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
113 Posts
If your car is DIG-S, this thread might help:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts