Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My wife is having an issue with her Note. Under braking at speeds over 20mph, the ABS kicks in and you can feel the pedal click-click-clicking.

I changed the pads as they were thin, but after a quick trip around the block, it still happens.

This has been happening for two days. She told me she had hit a pothole on the way back from work the other night. The next day, I noticed a front left flat tyre. It looks like the rim as a slight buckle and that caused the puncture. She also said the braked were 'crunching'. I've fitted new pads and has made no difference. I've also had a new wheel fitted.

I'm wondering if the jolt from the pothole has caused more damage elsewhere but I'm not familiar with the abs system.

Can anyone give some help?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
676 Posts
It could be possible that the pot hole has damaged or dislodged the ABS sensor or damaged the wiring to one or more of them. I would check them to be sure,hopefully the attached picture gives you a clue as to the location of them front and back.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the image, I'm not sure where the sensor or the wiring is.

Also, once the kids are in bed, I might plug in my OBD reader to see if that brings up anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clearer picture. I'll have a look in the next few days but I've just ran an OBD check and no errors were reported. I'll take a better look tomorrow if the weather isnt too bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed! I unplugged both sensors on the hub-end and cleaned the wired connector with a drop of WD and a clean rag, and the hub-end I cleaned with a couple of dry cotton buds. The passenger was filthy & caked with mud - probably from the pothole!

Connected all back up again and went for a spin. The ABS only kicked in when I did a full blown emergency stop from 30mph to 0 on a wet road, even then it only activated for a split second.

Thanks for the help! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,830 Posts
Fixed! I unplugged both sensors on the hub-end and cleaned the wired connector with a drop of WD and a clean rag, and the hub-end I cleaned with a couple of dry cotton buds. The passenger was filthy & caked with mud - probably from the pothole!

Connected all back up again and went for a spin. The ABS only kicked in when I did a full blown emergency stop from 30mph to 0 on a wet road, even then it only activated for a split second.

Thanks for the help! :)
Thanks for getting back.:smile:

Nice and easy fix for a change......for a couple of pennies.:smile_big:

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Is this problem solved? We have two posts now contradicting each other, the other being
"On going brake issues"
Is the problem solved or not????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts