Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share my recent observations with you to which some of you may have encountered yourselves.
I work at a large regional distribution centre (RDC), which is an essential supply company and busy at this moment in time.
Several young agency workers have been drafted in to help and bless them they all do their bit.
However yesterday despite many posters on the wall explaining the need for social distancing, I had an eighteen year old lad coming right up to my face at around one foot away, asking me about shift patterns.
I moved backwards, and he continued his advance like a zombie from 'Shaun of the dead'.
(A bit like the zombies who crowd around supermarket doors at 5am) ...I just blurted out to him 'mate just go to the office and ask them' as I shot off leaving him looking hurt.
I'm not bashing the young in general, ..they also sent us a girl of 22, and she was put straight into a supervisory role as she's as bright as a new sixpence to use the old term.
But the young lad is a bit of a worry. He is unaware of current affairs, and his main concern in life is that McDonald's are shut.
If I took the trouble to attempt to enlighten him, I'm sure he'd say ..'Shad up u old sad' (translation, Shut up you old sod).
Whereas I'm sure the girl will be in senior management by age 30, the lad will be getting nowhere.
He probably spends far too much time on his playstation and is no doubt good at beat them up games.
Next week if he's still with us, I'll suggest to him that he'd do well to un plug his rap music, and actually listen to a news bulletin.
I'll ask him if he's aware of the site fire procedures, but it'll be hard work explaining to him.
I don't like to feel like an old Victor Meldrew, but sorry Victor was right in many ways.
When I was 16, I remember buying a news paper every day on my way to work. If I'd had the magic of a smart phone, I'd have wanted a BBC news app as a priority.
I hope for his sake that our new lad matures well and starts to take an interest in the world around him, because if not his future is bleak.
If he comes up against me next week (literally) he'll get a very stern lecture on health and safety and a bit of Victor's wisdom thrown in for his own good.
Stay safe people and don't forget your social distancing!

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's a sad fact that some people are still not heading the advice given out,lets face it, it could ultimately save their life.
I am pleased to report that wherever i go in my job i see people forming orderly queues outside the surgeries i visit and the people do follow the advice on distancing, i even see it inside hospitals.
We ALL have to listen and do as we are told, we are in a battle with this highly dangerous virus, we will win the war eventually BUT we have to listen !

·
Super Moderator
54 Posts
I don't think some folk realise the seriousness of the situation and not likely to until they know someone in their work/family structure that dies.

I was called out to an RTA, (Road Traffic Accident), last weekend at Barry Island.....There were thousands there enjoying the sun and beach....even the amusement coin places and fairground rides were open.

Families, pensioners all were there and none were two meters apart in the queues.

I simply couldn't believe it.

Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, I’ve had similar experiences in queues to go into M&S and Sainsbury’s. Coming right up behind me for instance, at the checkout. I’ve politely told him/her that there’s a marked line with the distance measured and where they should be standing. My opinion is that the young don’t give a toss and that it’ll be older people who perish once they have it and their generation will fight it off. It seems the situation has brought the worst out in some but,,, the best out in an awful lot of people. People seem friendlier, saying morning and smiling if going by my house when I’ve been giving the grass a mow. I so hope and pray that once this is in the past, the world will be nicer to each other. This virus doesn’t care if you’re black, white, yellow or any colour. Also, whether rich or poor. We’re all in this together.

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Members of society have never changed over the years. There are still the same sort of people now, as there was when I was young. The only difference is, that their lives are based on what they want, instead of what they need.

As for a news app on my phone...NEVER in a million years. I watch the headlines, then turn the TV over. I don't want up to the second news, as it always the same thing. I haven't bought, what is called a 'newspaper' for years, as it's full of crap/lies/celebs/fake news/gossip.

I guess I won't know if the atom bomb is about to drop, but then again why would I want to know. The only news that I ever care about is that my family are safe, as for the rest of it...I'll keep watching the headlines. I will look over the internet, to try and get a balanced view of whatever is happening from as many sources as I can find.

Pretty much everything that has happened since the virus outbreak, I predicted it to my wife. She said yesterday am I a clairvoyant. No I'm not, it's because human nature hardly changes. There is only one thing that I predicted to my wife yet to happen, is possibly soldiers on the street when martial law comes in force. Then when people get a bayonet held to their face, then they will realise the seriousness of the situation.

When this is all over there will be a backlash, when people will need, and want someone to blame. That's human nature for you, sad to say.

As for the all elderly being vulnerable, isn't everyone. As I'm the wrong side of 65, I guess I'm one those. But, mess with me, I will show you how vulnerable I am.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Boysie, I'm sure you find the info you need from a 'balanced view' on the internet but I humbly fink that the BBC news (although not perfect) is probably the best national/International news in the World and respected around the World generally.
Newspapers I'd accept, are full of cagg although you can read between the lines..
Call me a peasant but I'd miss the beeb if it wasn't there.
Each to their own i guess.
I hope it doesn't come to bayonets in the face lol, most people around here are staying in but there are always going to be pillocks who just won't behave.

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Bayonets in the face is a bit extreme, but you get what I mean.

Even the BBC can biased, but well prefer it to anything else. But do I need to know every single detail the second it happens, on anything.

I've been out twice in 21 - 22 days, once for fuel, and once for a LPG bottle as we cook on it. I went to the garage for a refill for the LPG(and a spare). Got the wipes and rubber gloves in the car, I did all the correct things as we've been asked, and a lot more besides.

I was just about to leave in my car, when some bloke said...' was my journey necessary..'..........So I politely replied...'You can cook my dinners if you'd like'.......' Now F off. out of my face with your 'necessary' newspaper, you stupid pr**k'. Yes, that's what he bought, just a newspaper.

It's a hard life suffering fools, selfish morons, and total idiots .

And there's our mate Mr Medic (the mod), doing his wonderful job of clearing up the aftermath of some of these idiots actions.

Mr Medic the Mod.....now that's a mouthful.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

//

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up to now we've been brilliantly supplied by Sainsburys online.
Weekly supplies of Doombar and old empire beer, plus good red wine.
Most of the groceries we order get delivered... Bless the workers involved.
If it was up to me i would give ALL NHS staff at all levels a 10% pay rise after this pandemic is over. Plus i would give ALL front line workers a two week extra holiday at that time (taken in a staggered fashion)
If i have to pay a bit more N.i contributions so be it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts