Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 2 year service on my 1.4 Note which is still under warrantee.I was asked did I want the following done :-

Brake fluid change at £50
Air condition service at £69
Odour filter change at £65

This is a total of £184 on top of £275 so I said not now.

I guess I will need to get it done after Christmas so my question is Do I have to have all three done or can I forget about the odour filter for example. Neither me or my partner are hay fever sufferrers

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Seems a little steep
M2 service inc cabin filter, brake fluid and a tire as i had a a nail in the sidewall £330

1.6 auto tekna but mine is low milage

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've just had a quote from Nissan and the 2 year 25k mile service is £222.89 which includes all the above you havementioned. This is for a car that does less than 18k per year.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sounds about right prices are always a tad higher in the south east (where i am) due the cost of labour
the dealer dose a decent valet foc (prob pay for it in the price tho)

·
Registered
109 Posts
as far as i know you would not need a brake fluid change so quickly on a new car, this should be done about every 5 years

the air con change is dependant on the performance of the air con, if you use it all the time it will need the change but if you rarely use it then i suggest that it would not be nescessary

these are only my opinions and are based on 30 years of motoring, i am not a mechanic so please check with others,

i do not have any input on the odour filter as i have never come across this item before, pollen filters yes but not an odour filter

dealers all too often throw these sort of non needed items into the advisory list to boost their bill,

eg, Dixons doing a £99 service (which turned out to be nothing but an oil change) and giving an advisory with over £1000 of needed items including 4 new tyres, had the tyres checks at Kwik Fit, they said there was another year in all the tyres,

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi paperman,

Nissan showed me a list of parts they would use in the two year service and changing the brake fluid was one of them. I'm in again next week, I'll get them to give me a list of jobs.
I think the odour filter is the one used for the air coming into the car. If this does not get changed you may find that the air flow into the car is reduced and you get more condensation on the inside.

I think

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
odour filter is more commonally know as a cabin filter
thay can play havoc esp with the climate iirc ther 12 quid and worth changing yearly, one i had in my corsa was a carbon filter what where £30 +vat trade !!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Didnt know AIR CON service was part of the service??!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
The pollen filter is a simple change, get one from Eurocarparts cost about £12. To change get on your back in front passenger side foot well, get head as far under glove box as you can, look left to see a plastic cover about an inch wide running vertically about 8 inches high behind centre console. At the bottom of the cover there is a clip, pinch this to release and pull towards you (its a bit stiff and awkward). Release the filter which you will see is dirty but originally white, at the bottom of the filter there is a rubber worm like seal, pull this off and put on the new filter, push in new filter being careful not to crush or damage until clip clips in place. That's it job done, simple but a bit awkward job which will have instant result as your blower will blow like a tornado.Its also a good way of knowing how to do this as if you have been charged by your dealer for this simple job you can check that they have done it and not ripped you off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1.5 N-Tec note in today for its M2 service at a local garage, using Nissan approved parts - quoted at £226 including brake fluid and cabin filter replacement - no mention of air con service. Local Nissan dealer quoted £306 for same service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts