Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 litres of top quality SILKOLENE PRO-S 5w 40 fully synthetic oil left over from my 350Z!should be ok to use in the Note? What does everyone use?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its to thick iirc
my main stealer uses either mobil 1 or magnatex

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Seriously though, you don't want an oil with too much viscosity, especially in the winter...you didn't say which engine you have either. Synthetic oils are used for higher output motors because they tend to retain their thickness at higher temperatures. Even the 1.6 petrol Note only puts out 110 bhp so it would be overkill to use a super spec oil like Silkolene pro.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice!Yep, I used the Silkolene in my 350Z, but I have this 5 litres, and wondered should I sell it or use it?
Im pretty sure it wont harm the Note`s 1.6 engine (I have Tekna 1.6)?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Dunno...I have a 1.5dci myself. I only got it because someone told me if I put the back seats down I would have a big trunk...(((((((((((((((((((((((oo) raaar!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
seen it all to often that people put the wrong oil in there cars it can and does bugger top ends (cams and lifters) bmw's and vw's are known for this its esp important with cam chain engines as you dont want to block them all drip/spray feeds to the chain
The correct grade and spec is a must

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flash22 said:
seen it all to often that people put the wrong oil in there cars it can and does bugger top ends (cams and lifters) bmw's and vw's are known for this its esp important with cam chain engines as you dont want to block them all drip/spray feeds to the chain
The correct grade and spec is a must
I concur.

Would the 5w 40 BE OK to use?

Edited by: jerry3167

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to use MOBIL 5W 30 fully synthetic, aparently this is what Nissan specify in the service schedule.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
try opie oils in the discount section , they supply a lot of the qashqai members and they all rave about them , they also offer a free advice service

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive been a customer of Opie a long time now, since my Type-R, and Zed ownership, know Tim and Guy @Opie very well!
Im ordering the Mobil tomorrow!!

Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts