Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

I'm very interested in the Note but as it's being replaced early next year I'm worried if I jump in now I may miss any offers it may have in its' final months.

Anyone know if they are likely to have any offers, such as 0% VAT or the like anytime soon?

A bit of a shot in the dark but it can't hurt to ask.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The problem with the Note, in terms of offers, is that they are built with limited dealer stock in mind. Sort of JIT building. Individual dealers may have clearance offers but Nissan probably don't hold massive component or 'airfield' stocks to do anything 'massive' in advance of the new model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I picked up my 2011 Note last week and I'm very happy with. It was the dealers go to car they used or service customers and only had 2200 miles on the clock and it was £10,400 which was reasonable price for an N-Tec model 1.6 engine.

I know a new model will come sometime but I can wait until I want to swap this one in.

I would say buy now and enjoy it but if you can wait... well hang on....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Have you seen what it's being replaced with? The 'Invitation', a Fiesta lookalike with swoopy lights and sides that look like someone drove into it and buggered off while you were asleep. I don't like it much, and doubt that anyone else will want to buy it...it's just a Note in a party frock.

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
If you wait too long, the spec you're after might not be available. Look further afield from where you live.Or buy the new model.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As sneaky states the all new Note looks like a Fiesta, I'm not much of a fan of the new model, I suppose it will be supremely reliable and have its good points but think it will be characterless because it looks that way.I like the current Note shape as it oozes character and the crazy shape is like nothing else on the road.
I guess all of us current Note owners will keep our current cars as our future classics like someone would mothball an E type or Lotus Elan. LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in agreement that the replacement is very bland compared to the current Note, the current car has personality and quirkyness, the new one looks like most other new cars.

I'm going this weekend to see if I can get a good deal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
southwales. You won't be sorry. Had our for 20 months. Best small car we have owned ever. We have the 1.6 auto Tekna spec with half leather and stuff. Great little car with luxury.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
southwales said:
I'm in agreement that the replacement is very bland compared to the current Note, the current car has personality and quirkyness, the new one looks like most other new cars.

I'm going this weekend to see if I can get a good deal.

If you don't want a brand new Note go to a Nissan dealer that deals in Motability vehicles.

Most are VERY low mileage and have had to be meticulously serviced under the Motorbility contract.

My local guy gets loads every month (the Note is an incredibly popular Motorbility vehicle) some with 10,000 or less miles after three years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts