Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then.

Newbie here. I'm looking to buy a bluetooth OBD reader for the sole purpose of running the Torque app to keep an eye on the coolant temperature (nightmare with a Seicento many moons ago). I've tried to find the correct equipment on a couple of auction sites, both of them turn up blank when mentioning DCI. Any advice would really help as I haven't a fortune to spend in the unit.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You don't need an OBD reader that is specific for a diesel engine. you can buy the best that you can afford.
The app you have on your phone is where you set the parameters for the vehicle you are using the OBD reader in.
Again get the best scanner app you can afford, many only cost a quid or three to upgrade to the full version once downloaded.

·
Registered
908 Posts
After trying a dozen of apps on Android, I found this one is the most functional for my E12 Car Scanner ELM OBD2 - Apps on Google Play

Mine is gasoline, but for generic info like coolant temp, other apps should also support it.
That is the exact one i have too.
Have used it on my old car, E11 1.5 diesel Note, and my current car, 1.0 ecoboost petrol Ford B-max. Works perfectly on both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts