Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,my rear number plate has just fallen off.It was fixed by using double sided tape with no sign of any screw holes.Is this the norm? Thanks Sherry

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it depends on the dealer and what person does the pre delivery prep job
mine are screwed both front and rear i have lost count the amount of time that next doors plates have fallen off, told them to get them screwed on

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Sherry
As a very recent owner of a preloved note (but lovely and new to me) I've just checked mine-front number plate fixed with two screws one in both top corners. Rear plate two screws again but these are midway set in a small distance at each end of the number plate -hope that makes sense and helps!

All the best

Spartacus1961

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
As a rule, the stuck on plates get pulled off and stolen, then end up on a garage forecourt cctv attached to a car that drives off without paying, presumably you only need the back one with where the cameras are located.

I did hear about super sticky plates that break apart when someone steals them, so at least they can't be used.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can get special anti theft screws which cannot be removed, B&Q used to sell them not sure if they still do, i think they were zinc coated as well soshouldn'trust, stainless would be better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts