Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have just ordered a new Note and am patiently awaiting its delivery. It has been good to find this site and to know that my decision to switch from a life timecommitmentto Ford cars to Nissan will give me access to many fellow Noters!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi
I am waiting for mine to. its not new but i have to sort out finances before picking it up. I am trading in a Fabia which I love but has broken down on me one too many times and also uses loads of oil (which apparently is normal).

Ive had an Almera in the past which i got rid of 6 years ago. Its a T reg and still going strong and i still service it as it now belongs to my brother in law. Ive had 3 other cars since then all of which had to go because of expensive mechanical faults.

Ive now come back to Nissan for the reliability record as we also have a Qashqai which has had no problems in the last 3 years weve had it.

Dont ever buy a Ford and be wary of Skodas!

Hope my Note is as good as I hope it will be.

Edited by: ians1386

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ians1386 said:
Hi

Dont ever buy a Ford and be wary of Skodas!

Hope my Note is as good as I hope it will be.

My first ever car was a Ford Anglia [1960 model]. Cars have come a long way since then and by today's standards, it was truly primative! I drove company cars from 1965 until retiring in 1994 and apart from an Austin A40, a Morris 1000 and an Austin Allegro, I have always had Fords.

The Allegro wasn't a car - it was a joke! and the Morris 1000 spent more time in the garage workshop than on the road. I am giving up my Mondeo Gia Automatic after a few months short of 18 years as the body work is starting to rust. As the car no longer hasany second hand value, it seems to be a waste of money to spend anything on it to keep it on the road. Shame really as it runs like a dream!

I would have bought another Ford but the offer on the Nissan Note was too good to miss!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi David B. You won't be disappointed. Took delivery of 1.6 N-Tec+ two weeks ago. Replaced 06 Honda CRV which I liked but too big now. Wonderful auto gearbox, very nippy, plenty of room, very quiet and good ride. Everyone comments on the metallic red colour. A very pleased Note owner (so far)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Curious... what tyres are they fittting as standard these days to the top end Notes???

·
Registered
103 Posts
Albops said:
Tommo56 said:
Curious... what tyres are they fittting as standard these days to the top end Notes???
185/55R16's
LOL.. my bad typo !! I meant..... WHAT MAKE ... of tyre are they using?? Are they still useing Conti's ????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tommo56 said:
Albops said:
Tommo56 said:
185/55R16's
LOL.. my bad typo !! I meant..... WHAT MAKE ... of tyre are they using?? Are they still useing Conti's ????
I think they're Conti's, would have to double check. Will let you know the next time I go to the garage .

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
contis and there over £110 a corner, you can get better for less £££ even tho its not a common size

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agreed.... Ive seen a few alternatives around, but I was just wondering if Nissan were fitting different these days. Ive not had my Note for long but all 4 boots are getting a bit close to changing. From teh motability service history of the last owner it looks like the front Contis were only changed about 10K miles ago
Not good !! But they seem as noisy as hell.. dunno if thats cos they are worn.. or cos they are Contis (Ive nothing to compare them with).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All
Another newbie
Gone for the 1.5dci ntec
Ordered on Saturday
Been told middle of may before I get my hands on it is tha good or bad.
It was great to test drive one the turning circle was so good .

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mines arrived! I am very impressed with it but cant fold the door mirrors in when i park up.
Dont they fold in at all?

Edited by: ians1386

1 - 20 of 25 Posts