Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
7Weeks ago purchased a Note Techna 09 plate. In first 2 weeks two problems appeared garage fixed one (Loose Anti Roll bar)they also gave me a new MOT 2 Wks. before. Booked in to do A/C repair,started and finished repair (which inclued removing dash)before checking that they had a Unlocking Code. Needless to say no code availalbe and car was ex Motability N.Ireland there in port.After 4weeks of contact with garage/N.Ireland and loads of b........ about putting in codes from each of them the radio is BLOCKED sorry to shout but i'am P..... off.Please help do you have any idea where the set has to be sent to sent for unblocking. If so who much this might cost,it aiso loks likie i'am going to be radio/satnav lessfor my hols.in 3 weeks.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,any ideas
Sparky Pete

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a dealer job im afraid the any main dealer can order a new pass card as its locked you need to leave the unit switch on and it should reset to 3 more attempts in 4-6 hours if not the unit will have tobe reset nissan can also generate a code for the stereo from the serial number on the top of the unit
in extreem situations the units have to go back to bosch in germany via nissan what will cost a fair few quid if its out of warrenty

the connect unit on its own is around 3 grand if you where to order a new unit !!!!!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Often wondered why these units command a "three grand" pricetag.

Just spoke with the parts manager at my local dealer and if they can get one the price is £1207.48+VAT so about £1450.00

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
£3k price is a dealer fit in port and and gps rx
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.Guys.
Thanks very much for your repllies and info.As i have now got the i think the obvious answer there for is to go for the 4-6 hour turn on.The other options are a sure no no.

Many Thanks For The Help And Info.(i,ll let you know how it goes)

Sparky Pete

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc its under £20 for the passcard if thay charge you at all, if the connect was a factory fit and not retro fitted at some point the code should work

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
flash22 said:
£3k price is a dealer fit in port and and gps rx

I guess my price was 'replacement part' only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts