Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just recently got my 2011 Note N-Tec auto and no owner manual yet- its on order - I wondered if this car has retractable door mirrors please, and if so, what or where is the control for this. I would find this avery useful option forwhen parking up in supermarket or other car parks.

Thanks in advanceforany response (s)

Ray

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
If you have to bring in your wing mirrors to park, it makes me wonder how you're gonna get out the doors.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Boysie - the idea is to stop others walking into themas they pass by!Replacements don't come cheap these days!

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Catmandu said:
Hi Boysie - the idea is to stop others walking into themas they pass by!Replacements don't come cheap these days!

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Thank gawd I haven't got them.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
£340 fitted and painted for the folding, heated and electric mirrors oem glass for them is £90 or £40 for apattern heated glass

only know this as someone pranged mine while parked, just hadto clip the trim on and buff out a black mark . TG

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doh!
Had a look again at my door mirrors this time with my glasses on! On further inspection and trialI found the mirrors do indeed push-fold inwards manually.Quite made my day !!

Ray

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Just be grateful it isn't a Merc. My neighbour is a chauffer and drives around his middle-eastern boss's wife in a GL500.
The nearside wing-mirror was damaged beyond repair. I saw the bill for the part - a complete mirror with ground lighting and indicator, heated and folding- (-gulp-) ‚¬2300 and then add fitting!

Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merc y me! Now that's one model I won't be thinking of unless maybe I won the lottery one day

Then again, that unbelievableprice would still raise my eyebrows when reaching for my cheque book! Oh, the joys of motoring definitelyleave something to be desired, right?

Ray

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
That reminds me of the time I was driving down Colney Hatch Lane, to the North Circular around London......around 1988.

I was in my Ford Sierra estate, and on my way to Southend for the weekend. With cars parked both sides of the road, is was a bit tight for two way traffic.
Anyway......there was hardly any traffic at the time I was travelling, and I admit I was a bit over the speed limit. A car came up the hill, after pulling out to overtake the parked cars, which didn't leave a lot of room for us to pass. Too late to brake, I breathed in and carried on, and our wing mirrors clipped each other. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the carnage of the other cars wing mirror, being scattered over the highway under the street lights.

I stopped as soon as I could, and inspected my mirror, and the glass had cracked with a bit of a scuff on paint.
I looked up the road and saw the other driver picking up the pieces. It looked like a german motor.......BMW or a Merc, couldn't see really from a distance.

I got back in my car and cleared off to Southend. I thought......his fault, his mirror, his bits and pieces scattered, and not worth getting into a confrontation over a tit for tat claim.

Southend offered better things than arguing over who's fault it was.

Bought a new glass in Southend on Saturday, and stuck it on.......£3.60, or something like that.

So I doubt it would have been a tit for tat claim.

Sorry to digress, but it brought back a good memory of Southend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts