Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my name's Paul, I'm 38, a father of seven kids, I live in Skegness, and I have got a confession.

I'm not a Note owner, I'm a Note owners son.

I do own a Nissan. It's a 23 year old 300ZX TT, but I digress.

The thing is, my Dad had kerbed his Note and is desperate for a new wheel. It's a 16" Magnetite alloy he needs. I know it's the most cheeky of things to do in a first post, I'm well versed in forum etiquette, and I realise I'm being a bit naughty here, for that I apologise, but my Dad assumes because I've got a sporty car, I can get parts and whatever at the drop of a hat.

I'm hoping someone sees my desperation, and can help me out.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been googling like crazy for the last two hours, the cheapest I've found them is £145 inc vat + delivery. I was hoping there'd be some nice person on here that'd upgraded their wheels and had one sat in the garage gathering dust....

Apparently £145 is way too much to pay for one wheel without a tyre.... I can't comment, the wheels on my zed were £400 each...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
There is a 16" alloy on eBay now item 200899310519.

Unfortunately, because Nissan couldn't be bothered including a usable spare wheel, they fetch good money, as we all end up paying £100 to get the spare wheel that we should have had in the first place.

Is the wheel scrap? If it is just scraped the refurbishers will clean it up and repaint it for about £45.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I'd snap it up at £90 as that is about as low as they go.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The tyre is no good on that one, they do fetch about £100 with a usable (nearly bald) tyre on them.

I paid £102 with delivery for mine.

I could have had a set of 4 with brand new tyres for £400, but I only have room to keep 1, and then about a fortnight later I had to pay £95 for a new tyre due to yet another puncture

·
Registered
238 Posts
Try googling- Lepson's they are a wheel repair company based in Kent they might be able to advise you if a repair is possible, might be cheaper than buying new???

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
There are alloy refurb companies listed in Skegness who I am sure could advise.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Good spot and in the part of the country for the OP as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if it was my side of the Thames and within 50 miles, would have had it myself........

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I am sure one of our Essex members could help you out in that regard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the help guys, my Dad says he found a set of 4 on gumtree for £150, I'm dubious, but he says he's had the seller send him pics and they all look in pretty good nick, so he's getting them.

lol, I might be back in a week or two with three of them for sale hahahaha

thanks again lads, man hugs all round :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts