Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nearly had a heart attack this morning when i open my insurance renewal
£1102.58 WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!

thought it was a bad dream at first so been shopping around and got a more reasonable quote

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its all done and dusted now, seems like you get nothing for being a loyal customer these days.
yep full protected ncd and clean licence, being down south it puts it up, aswell as parked on the street, it went up £200 last year and i worked it out around another £450-550 this year plus if i pay monthly thats another £100 in intrest

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I was reading in the comics that the average premium has come down this year

Just had the renewal for the little suzuki jeep, and it has gone up by 50%. (Flux)

Filed in a comparethemeerkat search and no-one gets lower than £100 over the new quote

Looks like I'm stuffed. They did the same thing over my motorbike, massive increase, but still less than the competition. Looks to me like a very cheap player has gone and the cartel can up the prices to suit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You guys just try being 20 with 0 years of NCD and see how you like insurance quotes then!

I have drivingexperience, just a few weeks here and there and thus 0 years of NCD.

·
Registered
109 Posts
try Swinton insurance, mine was £450 for a year,
full NCB and over 30 years driving, clean licence (now speeding points are off )

·
Registered
103 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
WTF! I pay PEANUTS for mine...through Bennetts. I have been with them since 1981 (and never made a claim!) .Give them a try Flash http://www.quotesearch.co.uk/bennetts-car-insurance/
Err??? Isnt Bennetts for bikes only??? I cant see any mention to car insurance on their website.

FYI Esure just give me a quote of £270 for my Note, fully comp, 7yrs NCD

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hmmm...just checked my policy and Bennetts are acting as a broker for another company. I've been with them so long and never read past the renewal fees!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
esure are worse than tesco's there cheap but never make a claim i had a friend who was with esure it took them 18 months to sort out a non fault rtc
sainsburys offer cheap insurance but there run by esure bit of a dilema there

decieded to go with directline this year at a smidge over £500, what isnt bad

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
We set up a discount scheme with A'Flux here:
http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/up-to-15-discount-on-nissan-note-insurance_topic45.html- to be honest not the cheapest for me but might be for some.

My renewal came through this month too - The Green Car Insurance Company - went from £400 last year to £1500 this year! Having a laugh!

A quick Money Supermarket search got me back down to the £400 mark with Admiral. A few others at that price too including Axa.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got my insurance renewal from Swiftcover last year £488 this year £416 Tekna auto 1.6 petrol
parked on the road

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
gordy said:
Just got my insurance renewal from Swiftcover last year £488 this year £416 Tekna auto 1.6 petrol
parked on the road
Someone has to be getting it for less if the comics say the average has fallen

Be careful of the supermarket insurances, they have an excess on everything, including a windscreen repair, that nice man offering free chip repairs on Tescos carpark won't do it if you are insured with Tesco.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just tried getting a quote from Adrian Flux, £4500 with 2 years no claims and pass plus (i'm 20) on my 1.5 dci 56 plate. At the moment I'm only paying £1400 fully comp with direct line 0.o

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have gone with directline this year not the cheapest quote i got but got a lot more coverage, what i didnt realise is tesco's is underwriten by insurance uk ltd the same as directline
what i also didnt realise tescos have given me an extra years no claims just waiting to here if that extra year is transferable if soit that will knock a few quid off my new premium

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Aidsy1 said:
Just tried getting a quote from Adrian Flux, £4500 with 2 years no claims and pass plus (i'm 20) on my 1.5 dci 56 plate. At the moment I'm only paying £1400 fully comp with direct line 0.o
Tell Adrian to get FLUXED

·
Registered
74 Posts
My wife changed over Note's insurance with Hastings from her 9nyear old Xsara - no change in premiums! She's paying £284.When my Picasso's Insurance came up for renewal, most companies were asking £450 plus ( Had a fault accident in December) - Liverpool and Victoria gave me a good deal at £388 ( including legal protection, breakdown cover and 180 days foreign travel.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm with AVIVA, that used to be Norwich Union. They're not on the comparison sites but I saved a lot last year. Did the breakdown with them too, half the AA quote who I'd been with for 37 years!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
flash22 said:
what i didnt realise is tesco's is underwriten by insurance uk ltd the same as directline
Spot on.
Insurance uk ltd will not pay for a windscreen repair. They underwrite most supermarket and car branded insurance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts