Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

I have previously owned cars with a flip out key and wanted to replicate this on the note.

I have purchased a flip out key unit and key blank.

I have test fitted the button board on the new key and it works.

My question is the key itself. Does this have a chip in the metal itself or can I simply get my new key blank cut to the same shape as my original key. Or does this need to be chipped/cloned off my original key?

Mike.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The chip is in the fob.

Be aware that this came up three or four years ago when someone tried to move the 'guts' of the key to a flip-fob and the passive chip simply shorted out.

A very expensive cosmetic mistake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say fob you mean the circuit board to lock / unlock the car?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yes. If it is working then .....phew!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to pop to timsons today to see if they will cut my blank.

Then try and assemble the flip fob.

I test fitted the circuit board yesterday and it worked. Unlocked the car and worked when I put it back to normal

Mike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Afternoon all.

I have previously owned cars with a flip out key and wanted to replicate this on the note.

I have purchased a flip out key unit and key blank.

I have test fitted the button board on the new key and it works.

My question is the key itself. Does this have a chip in the metal itself or can I simply get my new key blank cut to the same shape as my original key. Or does this need to be chipped/cloned off my original key?

Mike.
Hi Mike I have 2016 Nissan note I would like to convert one of my keys to a flip out version. I was wondering where to purchase flip out key unit and key blank?

Any help much appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts