Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We have an used (petrol DIG-S manual 2014) E12 for about a year as our first car ever.
It was serviced once or twice per year at Nissan dealerships before we took it and now has 75.000 km on it.

As a total newbie to cars, I am a bit concerned about the sound of the car's engine after watching some videos about engine knocking/misfires.

Do you think that this idle sound is bad or just normal?

(It also had squeak sound for ~30 seconds when started at cold then disappeared, but I did not record it.)

The last oil change was 5 months ago.
I bought an OBD II reader but did not see any fault code.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Have you checked the oil level ?
It sounds a bit to me like tappet knock.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked it about 2 weeks ago and it was in the middle.

I will check it now but I guess I have to wait for the engine to be cold again. Thank Sineu.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil level is still at the middle between min and max.

It sounds a bit to me like tappet knock.
Thanks, I never heard of tappet before. The sound seems fine at the start or during driving, the bad sound is only clear in idle after some time.
When looking at the workshop manual of Micra dig-s, the symptoms are pointing to camshaft bearing or tappet!

The manual says engine teardown is required to check or adjust the valve clearance. I don't know if an indie garage could do it or must be a nissan dealership.

·
Registered
857 Posts
ANY mechanic worth his salt would be able to do the work, just use a reputable indie garage.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I will check around for a good garage and let you know when it progresses.
The good (?) thing now is that Belgium is still under partial lockdown and we don't need the car now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts