Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Nissan Note 1.5dci SE 07 plate) a dipstick I know poured about two watering cans full of water down the oil filler thinking that it was the coolant filler which was empty.......he is a worrier and had only owned the car for a couple of weeks.......so no excuses or flaming please . The car ran for about twenty metres and then locked. . Breakdown took it to a local garage who got it going again.Now the engine gives out a cloud of blue smoke on start up and for about a mile... it also runs rough when cold. It is also noisy on start up.
He knows he knows.
Telephone enquiries with an engine remanufacturer talk about hydraulic lock which may need only top end work at £1000. The local garage could fit a replacement engine for £3000
Is there any one out there can give useful advice.... ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
if it was my car and I wanted to keep it then I would end up going for the new engine or one from a crashed car. You then know it's not going to fail.

I think I might then strip the old engine down and rebuild it, sell it and get some money back.

They must feel gutted. Get new and feel happy and not be thinking it's going to fail. What's money

1 - 2 of 2 Posts