Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the car to the MOT today where it passed. When coming home and parking the car I got long beep when I switched off the ignition which we have not had before. There are no warning lights in the dashboard.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Most likely they messed with the light or foglight switch at the MOT and one or both are on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only put the lights back to Auto, but did not check the fog setting. The beeping has stopped now.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I only put the lights back to Auto, but did not check the fog setting. The beeping has stopped now.

There is a warning light, but it appears to be a headlight warning as it is a green light with rays coming straight out of it, and the sidelight warning is those googly eyes with eyelashes. The rear foglight is yellow, and the rays point down- but you can't leave it on as the switch is sprung.

Caught me out on my car, I've never used the foglights, and they are so ineffectual I had them on for 6 months or more from the MOT without knowing. The fact that you really have to look round the steering wheel to stare at the switch doesn't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts