Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any ideas onthe following problem. After switching on ignition the air bag warning light fails to go out and begins to flash / indicating a fault. I tried the reset method of switching on and off after the first flash and waiting 5 secs before repeating the same three times in total. The fourth time you switch on the lamp itshould flash at aslower rate,you then switch off and wait 5 secs before starting normally. This worked fine yesterday but today it started flashing after approx engine running for 15 secs. Redid the above and all is well now but for how long. Any ideas ?/ Really dont fancy a trip to Nissan

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you will need to get the fault code read first to find whats causing the fault the key trick only work with engine ecu
even if it just a loose plug under the seat you will have to get it reset

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flash 22 for your help at least the air bag on the drivers sea(WIFE) is still functioning. Will let you know when I get it sorted
....Many Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I have the same issue on a 2006 note automatic - airbag light flashes, after trying the key trick the flash pattern changes and then on the next attempt to start the car the light goes out - but after a short period it starts flashing again - I bought a 2nd had module and replaced it and still get the same issue - I have also checked the connectors under the seat and everything looks fine - is there anything else that I can look at or try? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
also forgot to mention when both airbag modules I tried where attached up to the diagnostic tool in both cases there seemed to be no communication - thanks again

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
only high end diagnostics, nissan consult and specific readers will read the air bag module's

the main ecu should give you any fault codes stored

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - thanks for getting back to me - I took it along to a different auto electrician and his diagnostic tool says "Drivers airbag open circuit" he mentioned that this was a ring like part that sat behind the steering wheel. Then talking to nissan they said this was about £360+VAT, was just wondering if there is anything I can check first or if it is possible to get a second hand one? would a second hand one off any nissan note do or indeed is there other nissan models I could get this from if it was a common part ? from looking on the web I found the following but would be good if there was some pictures to help. I checked the wiring was ok as it entered the plug at the back of the steering wheel also - just wanting to try and avoid dealers fees if possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just hadthe dog chew the wiring under the drivers seat and had to repair the cables and then reset the airbag (ignition trick) - However following this I still had a fault (light flashing)and thought the airbag/ecu had been damaged as a result.
I repeated theignition trick and gotthe system into diagnostic mode, (the light does not justflash on/off, but flashes in a sequence which can be decoded) -AND I found a website to decode and thought I'd share this with the forum:

NISSAN AIRBAG FAULT CODE DESCRIPTION
http://codes.rennacs.com/FaultCodes.php?erasepagecount=1&erasepage0=plugins%2FNissanSRS%2FNISSAN-SRS-15-ERASE.php&reference=NISSAN-SRS-15-MICRAPRIMERA

I was baffled as the fault code indicated the fault was with the LH side - so I checked under the passenger seat and image that - I found more wiring to repair!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.